Name this insurgency/coup/revolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name this insurgency/coup/revolution

Let's give this a try. First person provides details of a certain insurgency/coup/revolution. Others have to guess. First person to guess, starts the next question.

This peaceful revolution was led by a graduate of the University of Paris who was once canvassed by the Mussolini government to side with the Axis.

He is descended from King Fernando III of Castile and Count Amedeo IV of Savoy, and is of the male line of the de Ardanza family.

The year 1813. He is revered by millions in no less then 5 countries to our south. He is a mighty warrior and towns such as Meridia and Trujillo will know him.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Thunder Dome; 09 Mar 10, 13:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder Dome View Post
      He is descended from King Fernando III of Castile and Count Amedeo IV of Savoy, and is of the male line of the de Ardanza family.
      The year 1813. He is revered by millions in no less then 5 countries to our south. He is a might warrior and towns such as Meridia and Trujillo will know him.
      Thanks.
      Apparently the first post has been taken over by a coup.

Comment

Simon Bolivar

Comment

Originally posted by skoblin View Post
          Apparently the first post has been taken over by a coup.
          In that case I name Thunder Dome as the insurgent.
          Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Originally posted by Alatriste View Post
            Simon Bolivar

Well done brother.

Comment

I think Skoblin edited his initial entry after Thunder Dome posted. So where are we on this? Am I up next or not? Skoblin's call since it his game.

Comment

I think Skoblin edited his initial entry after Thunder Dome posted. So where are we on this? I am up next or not? Skoblin's call since it his game.
                It's in your court, alatriste... (although, technically, rojik was also correct )

Comment

Originally posted by skoblin View Post
                  Let's give this a try. First person provides details of a certain insurgency/coup/revolution. Others have to guess. First person to guess, starts the next question.

This peaceful revolution was led by a graduate of the University of Paris who was once canvassed by the Mussolini government to side with the Axis.
                  Hoxha?

Comment

oops my apologies guys. i didn't see Skoblin's question so i shouldn't have started..damn glasses.

Comment

Okay, I won't make these impossible to answer. That way we can learn something that we can benefit from instead of just trying to trip up the members.

This man was a Jesuit priest. He was famous for his "grito" (a yell) that started this revolution. It was heard all the way in Spain.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder Dome View Post
                        oops my apologies guys. i didn't see Skoblin's question so i shouldn't have started..damn glasses.
                        No problems, TD...it happens

Originally posted by The Ibis View Post
                        Hoxha?
                        Different continent

Comment

Hildalgo?

Comment

Okay, I won't make these impossible to answer. That way we can learn something that we can benefit from instead of just trying to trip up the members.

This man was a Jesuit priest. He was famous for his "grito" (a yell) that started this revolution. It was heard all the way in Spain.

I'm thinking Hidalgo.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ibis View Post
                              Hildalgo?
                              Yes, Miguel Hidalgo. The Grito de Hidalgo was the 'cry' that started the rebellion of Mexico from Spain.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X