• Show
Clear All

• What is coming in the air?

Have a look at these future concepts for aircraft and aircraft components:

Pulse Detonation Engine

Hypersonic Waveriders

Waverider Evolution

Hypersonic Vehicle Design

Here is the X-35, called the Joint Strike Fighter in the US, and the Future Joint Combat Aircraft in Great Britain.

"Bird of Prey" stealth aircraft (USAF)

Will post more from time to time.
    Mens Est Clavis Victoriae
    (The Mind Is The Key To Victory)

The Bird of Prey is going to be a static display somewhere (USAF Museum or Smithsonian Annex, I don't remember which) since it was a concept test vehicle. Looks similar to the UCAV X-45 and -47. I think I read in Air Force that the USAF has made it's last piloted X-plane and that the rest will be remotely piloted from here on out; which doesn't seem to make sense sine the F-35 won't be the last fighter the USAF fields, but I could have read that wrong.
    If voting could really change things, it would be illegal.

Comment

Re: What is coming in the air?

Originally posted by hogdriver
      Here is the X-35, called the Joint Strike Fighter in the US, and the Future Joint Combat Aircraft in Great Britain.
      I think those are the planes that are supposed to be on board the new Carriers we are building?

Dr. S.
      Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by chrisvalla
        The Bird of Prey is going to be a static display somewhere (USAF Museum or Smithsonian Annex, I don't remember which) since it was a concept test vehicle. Looks similar to the UCAV X-45 and -47. I think I read in Air Force that the USAF has made it's last piloted X-plane and that the rest will be remotely piloted from here on out; which doesn't seem to make sense sine the F-35 won't be the last fighter the USAF fields, but I could have read that wrong.
        I've heard similar - this was supposed to be the provisionally named "A-12" (or "Aurora" or a handfull of other alleged labels), the alleged replacement for the SR-71. Since it was never officially acknowledged to exist, it will be exhibited as an X-plane.
        Mens Est Clavis Victoriae
        (The Mind Is The Key To Victory)

Comment

Yep, that's your new attack/multi-role fighter Dr. S.. Along with the Typhoon, it will replace all the Tornados and Harriers in use now.
          If voting could really change things, it would be illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by hogdriver
            I've heard similar - this was supposed to be the provisionally named "A-12" (or "Aurora" or a handfull of other alleged labels), the alleged replacement for the SR-71. Since it was never officially acknowledged to exist, it will be exhibited as an X-plane.
            Isn't that the one that was rumored to be able to do mach 6 and caused numerous damage near the test area from sonic booms?

That's the first picture I've ever seen of it.
            Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Re: Re: What is coming in the air?

Originally posted by Doctor Sinister
              I think those are the planes that are supposed to be on board the new Carriers we are building?

Dr. S.
              Yes, their S/TOL capability should be great for carriers. Do you know when the new carriers are due to be launched, their displacement and number of planes they'll carry?
              Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: What is coming in the air?

Originally posted by Lance Williams
                Yes, their S/TOL capability should be great for carriers. Do you know when the new carriers are due to be launched, their displacement and number of planes they'll carry?
                Displacement will apparently be 40,000+ tons. They will have an Air Group of 40+ fixed wing aircraft. They are due to enter service in 2012 (!!).

40 or so aircraft doesn't compare to the US Carriers, but it's a damn sight more planes per ship than our current Carrier strength. In fact, one of these two new carriers will carry more planes than our entire Carrier force carries at the moment!

Dr. S.
                Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                  Berlin.1945
                  by casanova
                  The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
                  Yesterday, 23:41
                • casanova
                  AW 169M
                  by casanova
                  The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
                  Yesterday, 23:26
                • JBark
                  What changed?
                  by JBark
                  There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
                  Yesterday, 18:54
                Working...
                X