Vandalized Iraqi Museum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vandalized Iraqi Museum

Just after SH fell, the Iraqi Museum was robbed. Hundreds of priceless ancient artifacts stolen. Has there been any development in what happened to those pieces?
    "You realize that if I could actually purchase a weapon, I would stab you with it now?" --Roy, Order of the Stick #136

Governor of South Florida, Cuba, Louisiana, Manhattan, Hawaii, Illinois, Moon and Mars. Chief of Cybernetics Div., S.INC

Actually, the last I heard was that once they'd done a proper inventory, there weren't as many pieces missing as they first thought.

Initial estimates of the looting indicated that over 150,000 items had been taken. This was wildly innaccurate.

Figures I read in November suggested that all but 10,000 had been recovered. Some pieces turned up in London - and I even heard a story that a US news anchor had been caught trying to smuggle an artifact out in his luggage?!

Dr. S.
    Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Re: Vandalized Iraqi Museum

Originally posted by Bariman
      Just after SH fell, the Iraqi Museum was robbed. Hundreds of priceless ancient artifacts stolen. Has there been any development in what happened to those pieces?
      Most of them were, in fact, not destroyed or stolen, but hidden away by the museum curator.
      Mens Est Clavis Victoriae
      (The Mind Is The Key To Victory)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X