Russian Assault Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russian Assault Rifle

Saw a reference on the History Channel covering Russian weapons throughout time, and one of the interesting things I saw was the mentioning of Russia's new assault rifle.

From the demo I saw, the barrel actually retracts INTO the body of the gun when fired, causing less recoil, and (if memory serves me ) it actually fired two bullets at once.

The only problem is, the Russian goverment doesnt have the money to equip the army with these new guns, and no one want to buy them when an AK is going for $10 on the street corner.

Anyone else heard of these?

Re: Russian Assault Rifle

Originally posted by daemonofdecay
    Saw a reference on the History Channel covering Russian weapons throughout time, and one of the interesting things I saw was the mentioning of Russia's new assault rifle.

From the demo I saw, the barrel actually retracts INTO the body of the gun when fired, causing less recoil, and (if memory serves me ) it actually fired two bullets at once.

The only problem is, the Russian goverment doesnt have the money to equip the army with these new guns, and no one want to buy them when an AK is going for $10 on the street corner.

I've heard vague references. Many of their arms suppliers are building various types of weaponry,despite the fact that the Russiam Armed Forces cant afford them. Sort of remove the mystery of WHO IS buying them, yes. I guess they need to make their money somehow.

The Assault Weapon is probably an update of of the AK-74, which was an upgrade of an earlier, etc., etc. back to the original model. Even today there is supposed to be quite a bit of commonality between models.
    Mens Est Clavis Victoriae
    (The Mind Is The Key To Victory)

Comment

There's several updated AKs in the AK-1xx series.

http://www.world.guns.ru/assault/as00-e.htm
      If voting could really change things, it would be illegal.

Comment

Yeah I saw the same special a year or two ago, didn't they call it AK-98 or something interesting like that?

Never mind the site finally loaded, one of the 10x series I assume. I do distinctly remember mention of the 2 bullets at once, but no mention on the site.
        “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Either this gun ^^^^ or this one \/ \/ \/

Comment

The only problem is, the Russian goverment doesntm when an AK is going for $10 on the street corner.

I think you are talking about the AN-94. Check this site and see if it is what you are thinking of.

http://world.guns.ru/assault/as08-e.htm

Cheers!

Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

Yeah I somehow missed that description, that's the one that was in the special. I don't think I read the description because that guy creeped me out. :P
              “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Originally posted by Overseer
                Yeah I somehow missed that description, that's the one that was in the special. I don't think I read the description because that guy creeped me out. :P
                Not Russian or an assault rifle, but one of my favorite guns currently in production.
                Attached Files

Comment

The P90 is awesome, I really want to fire one... but I guess the MP5 will do for me for now...

Comment

Look here: Kalashnikov

Comment

Re: Re: Russian Assault Rifle

Originally posted by hogdriver
                      Look here: Kalashnikov
                      I wouldn't mind owning an AK-101!

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Overseer
                        The P90 is awesome, I really want to fire one... but I guess the MP5 will do for me for now...
                        So would I. My big problem besides ammo 5.7mm is the special license.

Cheers!

Comment

Re: Re: Russian Assault Rifle

Originally posted by RStory
                          I think you are talking about the AN-94. Check this site and see if it is what you are thinking of.

http://world.guns.ru/assault/as08-e.htm

Cheers!

AN-94 is new assault rifle instead of AK-74, it has name "Abakan" - it is name of the town in Russia.

Usual Russian troops have AK-74.

But special forces - military Spetznaz units, anti-terrorist groups ("Alpha", "Vympel" and so one) - have excellent modern equipment and weapon including new types of assault rifles.

New weapon is sending in those troops which use this weapon. If troops do not fight now but will be used only in case of large war iso these troops will get new weapon later.

AK rifles are not selling in any corner for 10$ in Russia.

It is forbidden to have weapon in Russia, any guy who will be catched with weapon by Russian police will go in prison. Population of Russia has no weapon excluduing hunt rifles with special permission.

And 10$ is extremely low price. I bought (officially) air rifle for 50$.

One bottle of Vodka has price 2$.

Russian military industry works for foreign countries now, mainly for China. It was for surviving of military industry and workers of this industry. But in last years (during Putin's rule) Army became to buy some new weapon.

Comment

I thought the Chinese just made bootlegs of Soviet weapons?

Were no better really. The US passed up the Stoner and the AR 18 just because it had invested so much $ into the M16A1/A2.
                            Delegate, MN GOP.

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...?id=1156276727

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Long
                              I thought the Chinese just made bootlegs of Soviet weapons?
                              For vehicle, aircraft, etc, yes. But they have, to my knowledge designed/built a handful of small arms.

Were no better really. The US passed up the Stoner and the AR 18 just because it had invested so much $ into the M16A1/A2.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X