Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The lunacy of the British Courts - suspected AQ member freed on bail.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The lunacy of the British Courts - suspected AQ member freed on bail.

OK, so there's this guy, a Muslim, who is a suspected AQ terrorist and who has been in custody for the last two years or so on the basis that he is strongly believed to be a serious threat to this country.

On the strength of anti-terrorist legislation that was rushed into place in November 2001, he can be detained indefinitely without trial, although he has the right for his case to be independently assessed by the Courts on a regular basis.

This week, the Courts have released him on bail, despite the recommendations of their own appointed experts and those of the Home Secretary.

Why? Because apparently, his long period of detention has seriously damaged his mental health to the extent that he is now psychotic.

Well, that's just great! Now we have a DEMENTED AQ terrorist roaming the streets, instead of a sane one. Everyone else is being put at risk to "save" this bloke's mental health.

Sometimes I wonder whether I'm insane or it's the rest of the planet...

Dr. S.
    Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Re: The lunacy of the British Courts - suspected AQ member freed on bail.

Originally posted by Doctor Sinister
    OK, so there's this guy, a Muslim, who is a suspected AQ terrorist and who has been in custody for the last two years or so on the basis that he is strongly believed to be a serious threat to this country.

On the strength of anti-terrorist legislation that was rushed into place in November 2001, he can be detained indefinitely without trial, although he has the right for his case to be independently assessed by the Courts on a regular basis.

This week, the Courts have released him on bail, despite the recommendations of their own appointed experts and those of the Home Secretary.

Why? Because apparently, his long period of detention has seriously damaged his mental health to the extent that he is now psychotic.

Well, that's just great! Now we have a DEMENTED AQ terrorist roaming the streets, instead of a sane one. Everyone else is being put at risk to "save" this bloke's mental health.

Sometimes I wonder whether I'm insane or it's the rest of the planet...

Dr. S.
    Couldn't they do soemthing under EPA or PTA? Further, if he is now psychotic, that should make a prima facie case to institutionalize him for treatment. Given the way that the two acts have been used before, I don't know he could have been released. Who ordered his release?
    Mens Est Clavis Victoriae
    (The Mind Is The Key To Victory)

Comment

The Judge ordered his release.

Personally I'd have said, fine, if he's a psycho', let's send him to Broadmoor - that's a maximum security prison for nutters. Let him rot away there with the Yorkshire Ripper and other serial killers.

But no, they released him. There's been talk of some kind of "house-arrest" arrangement, but that's still got to be more dangerous than having the guy locked away and isolated from his comrades/followers.

Dr. S.
      Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

:crazy:

Need I say more?
        Retreat hell, we just got here. Every Marine, a rifleman.

Never let the facts get in the way of the truth.

Comment

The Judge ordered his release.

Personally I'd have said, fine, if he's a psycho', let's send him to Broadmoor - that's a maximum security prison for nutters. Let him rot away there with the Yorkshire Ripper and other serial killers.

But no, they released him. There's been talk of some kind of "house-arrest" arrangement, but that's still got to be more dangerous than having the guy locked away and isolated from his comrades/followers.

Dr. S.
          It must be the apparent reluctance of the various European (and US) governments to clamp down on on Islamic extremis, for fear of getting bad press from Arabic news agencies. This is what the extremist are counting on. In the words of one "we will win because you have freedom of speech and we will use it against you", Robert Spencer "Onward Muslim Soldiers: How Jihad still threatens America and Europe ". The time has come, the clock is near to striking midnight, and yet we still stand idly by. The terrorists observe with great satisfaction out our inaction. With every day that they advance unchecked, the world falls further under their influence.
          Mens Est Clavis Victoriae
          (The Mind Is The Key To Victory)

Comment

Without wishing to offend anyone here who might be of the same mind, it's this kind of Liberal attitude that's going to lose us this "war". When I say Liberal - I mean this general desire to see good in everyone and give people the benefit of the doubt.

Dr. S.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Without wishing to offend anyone here who might be of the same mind, it's this kind of Liberal attitude that's going to lose us this "war". When I say Liberal - I mean this general desire to see good in everyone and give people the benefit of the doubt.

Dr. S.
              Does this mean that to be conservative is to see the worst in everyone, and consider them guilty first?

I believe in giving someone the benefit of the doubt, but in this case there was a track record that was ignored. I don't know if that was liberal, but it certainly was stupid.

I do not believe liberalism will lose the war. Lack of a vision, and a plan will do it more certainly than and social slant.

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Mike USMC
                Does this mean that to be conservative is to see the worst in everyone, and consider them guilty first?
                No, that's not what I was getting at. It was the fact that the Judge seemed to take the case at face value, WITHOUT taking into account the case history of the man that you referred to because of a greater concern for his "mental health" than for the rest of the population - which seems far too "PC" to me, bearing in mind the potential consequences.

Dr. S.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

No, that's not what I was getting at. It was the fact that the Judge seemed to take the case at face value, WITHOUT taking into account the case history of the man that you referred to because of a greater concern for his "mental health" than for the rest of the population - which seems far too "PC" to me, bearing in mind the potential consequences.

Dr. S.
                  I was being facetious, liberal vs conservative. My point was, it wasn't necessarily a "liberal" decision, but a stupid decision, especially with the suspect's track record.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X