0.00%
    AT-4 Anti-Tank Weapon
    0.00%
    Stinger Missile
    0.00%
    Navy Seals- The only easy day was yesterday

Gotta love the M-16!:thumb:

Comment

Silly question. Is there such a thing as a favorite weapon?
      I hate it when I see one of those road signs that says "Draw Bridge Ahead" and I don't have a pencil.
      -Lou Chiafullo

Comment

My favorite would be whatever gets the job done the quickest least 'messy' way.
        If voting could really change things, it would be illegal.

Comment

I would have to go with the stealth and ability of the sniper in any conflict.
          A well trained two man team can take on staggering numbers.

Mark
          Deo Vindice
          Si vis pacem, para bellum. (If you want peace, prepare for war.)

Comment

This poll is a tad vague. Favourite infantry rifle would be the AK-47
            but favourite military sidearm would be the Beretta M-9.
            Delegate, MN GOP.

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...?id=1156276727

Comment

M14 Try it you'll like it.

we should bring it back for desert combat, much longer range.

Comment

M4-A1

I voted the M4-A1 because it is light and compact, making it easy to carry!!
                :thumb:
                Peter Williams

"We're not lost private, we're in Normandy"-

Lt. Richard Winters 101st 506 pir

Comment

one that shoots where you aim it
                  Molon Labe

Comment

M-249

The SAW is great!! A powerful, yet man-portable sub-machinegun - good ROF and great stopping power. A bit loud, but who ever heard of a quiet battlefield?
                    Mens Est Clavis Victoriae
                    (The Mind Is The Key To Victory)

Comment

Yeah, the poll is a little vague. But on the poll I like the M4-A1 carbine the best as an all around assault rifle. But off the poll I also like the H&K G-36 Assault rifle. As a sidearm I like the Beretta M9
                      Keenan K.

"Anything worth living for is worth dying for and anything worth dying for is certainly worth living for."
                      -Catch-22

"We're the airborne, we're supposed to be surrounded."
                      -Maj. Richard Winters, Bastogne

http://www.warmovie.com/top/gif/bob_banner.jpg

http://specialforces.low-ping.com/us...images/smg.gif

Comment

Not exactly the same class of weapons but I like automatic grenade launchers. I don't remember the exact name of it, but it's a big machine gun (2 man crew I'm guessing) that fires 300 grenades per minute or something sick like that.
                        “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

That be the Mk 19 40mm Grenade Launcher....:thumb:

There is no such thing as a one size fits all weapon. What works good for clearing a house ain't gonna do the job for clearing a trench or fighting on a mountainside in Afghanistan.

The weapons I've carried over the years...

M-14... good old vanilla, 20 rnd box magazine, semi automatic dust your ass off at 500+ yards, iron sights RIFLE. The day they first put one in my grubby paws at MCRD Diego was a good one.

Thompson M1 SMG - Worked for a Gunny that carried in Thailand... I saw him do the initial thing on the side of building once when he was silbur in garrison. The .45 cal slugs will clear some 3rd world buildings from the outside. It will also cut brush real well. The cyclic on it though is so high that if your not in control of the muzzle your doing the AAA thing real fast.

M3A1 'Grease Gun' SMG - lower cyclic rate for better control of a cheap ass stamped metal weapon. Lower cyclic rate gave better control and was used in the early days of SFOD-D before the HK MP5 came along.

M1911 .45 ACP Pistol - This is a real handgun that along with the two SMG's above will knock someone on their ass with 1 round. If they don't go down, you better be able to run fast , because they will be pissed and will be one bad mofo. Good for a backup, not a primary weapon

M60 LMG - Newer or fresh from depot will do damn fine for area and suppressive fire if you keep the ammo clean. Don't try CQB with it...

SAW LMG - Damn good automatic rifle. Don't use the magazine feed they tend to jam, but the belt feed is ok. The damn 5.56 ball and AP just don't have the weight though.

M2 .50 cal HMG - Some things just can't be improved on. But someone did when they started making them with automatically adjusting headspace and timing. Nothing else sounds like it. One of Gods Gifts to Death and Destruction.

M16/A1/A2 - good basic rifle with limits> the 5.56mm round was just too light.

M203 - for me it was awkward to handle.

M79 - this is a grenade launcher... longer range than the M203 and more accurate in me experience. The grenadier will also concentrate on getting 40mm rounds down range and not think about 5.56 rounds....

M9 9mm Pistol - good backup weapon, large magazine capacity. plan on at least a double tap unless your using hollow-points.

Comment

I listed the Barrett .50 BMG for its ability "to reach out and touch someone" from long range.
                            Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

The Barrett Lt .50 is a good one too, brings a new meaning to "one-shot, one-kill"
                              Mens Est Clavis Victoriae
                              (The Mind Is The Key To Victory)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X