News Coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Coverage

In Operation Iraqi Freedom, it seems to appear that every US soldier killed has gotten a front page news article or has been talked about on the News. The typical news broadcast "Two marines have been killed today" or "One soldier has been killed". Imagine this kind of press coverage in a War like WWII. I just find it odd that they talk about every single dead soldier.
    Navy Seals- The only easy day was yesterday

Its a matter of degrees. Every Friday evening during 'Nam the three network news would show graphs and tallies of wounded and killed for the US, NV, SVN.

Our losses have been low enough to allow such publicity.

Comment

It's the current state of the news - " If it bleeds it leads "

They love tragedy

How else can you explain Scott Peterson being the lead story. A few years ago this would be treated like the local story it is
      Molon Labe

Comment

Re: News Coverage

Originally posted by NavySeals112
        In Operation Iraqi Freedom, it seems to appear that every US soldier killed has gotten a front page news article or has been talked about on the News. The typical news broadcast "Two marines have been killed today" or "One soldier has been killed". Imagine this kind of press coverage in a War like WWII. I just find it odd that they talk about every single dead soldier.
        All you old enough to remember Vietnam? It was very much the same then. The lead story was almost always about the day's death toll, with specifics often given. Also LIFE magazine had a feature in each issue giving the name photo, hometown, etc. I remember the week when only one soldier died, his picture was on the cover, with the caption "The One Who Died".
        Mens Est Clavis Victoriae
        (The Mind Is The Key To Victory)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X