Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prepare to be outraged

Democrats Cheer Falluja Outrage

As sickening as it is, it's worth reading if for no other reason than seeing what some of the left-leaning goobers are thinking.

Read it Here

A few choice remarks about the four contractors that were killed in Iraq:

"These swine were MERCENARIES. Paid Hessians. Murderers for hire. They're worse than Al-Queda. At least Al-Queda is fighting for a cause. I say "too bad, so sad, bye-bye."

"Mercenaries - These men are just serial killers with a good retirement plan. They deserve what they get."
    Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated... again...

Wow....

I dont know how the anti-war crowd expects to be taken seriously with baseless rhetoric such as that.

Comment

There are idiots on all sides of all arguments/disagreements. The disagreement(s) over all stages of the Iraqi 'problem' are no exception.

Comment

Unfortunately this is not really a surprise, the democrats long ago stopped caring about the U.S. or itís people. Now they only care about the power to control our lives. They do, usually, show a bit more circumscription about their contempt.:crazy:
        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

It's really a pity you dont get to meet more people from the internet in real life,isnt it?
          Delegate, MN GOP.

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...?id=1156276727

Comment

Political parties all serve the sole purpose of bribing politicians to act against the interest of their constituents. Thats why up here in the cold north 45% of the registered voters are Independent.
            Boston Strong!

Comment

Unbelievable!!!!!
              http://canadiangenealogyandresearch.ca

Soviet and Canadian medal collector!

Comment

I can't say I'm the least bit outraged after looking at the far right-wing swing of the site making a big deal out of it and trying to tie it directly back to Kerry. The story hardly comes from a non-biased or even middle-leaning source.

The people calling soldiers baby-killers in the 70's are the same people doing this... does it make them less patriotic, less American...no, just less militant and hawkish (and yes sometimes so much so it's actually detrimental)

It's nothing more than the extreme right pointing out what the the extreme left is saying and trying to tie it in with the current political environment (ie. the presidential election this year) and saying the 'majority' of 'them' feel this way, and that's just political spin crap. The 'majority' of Democrats and the 'majority' of Republicans don't care about the mercenaries, contractors, guns-for-hire, or whatever spin you want to put on the job title but you can bet when (not if) either side opens it's mouth and even whispers something the other side can latch onto, it can (and will) be spun into something so serious, anyone with any sense couldn't help but feel for (or against) it. The politicians just eat it up when the sheep go 'bleet' on command.

Interesting coincidence, they were covering this on ABC's Nightline tonight... the 2nd largest army in Iraq is the weaponized contractor army. There was an alluded to question about who was 'better' trained, the contractors (who are mostly ex-military with lots of spec ops in their ranks) or the regular army.
                If voting could really change things, it would be illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisvalla
                  I can't say I'm the least bit outraged after looking at the far right-wing swing of the site making a big deal out of it and trying to tie it directly back to Kerry. The story hardly comes from a non-biased or even middle-leaning source.
                  The fact that the source of the article is biased doesnít magically change the comments and make them any less inflammatory. Youíre essentially shooting the messenger in this case. You donít like the fact that they point out a few things about Kerry? Fine... but donít give the goobers who posted the vile comments a free pass just because you donít agree with the political slant of the site that reported it.

You arenít the least bit outraged? Then I say 'shame on you'.

does it make them less patriotic, less American...no,
                  Patriotism: Loyalty to one's country and its values and principles; Love of oneís country.

It certainly doesnít sound like the folks who posted that trash are being very loyal to their country and its principles. Iíd also be willing to bet that many of them hate the US. You've seen the way they act at their protests; the signs they carry; the slogans they yell.

The politicians just eat it up when the sheep go 'bleet' on command.
                  Oh, I see, so we're all sheep because we actually feel offended by the comments? Because we have a shred of decency and respect for the folks in Iraq? Riiiight.

Comment

I can't say I'm the least bit outraged after looking at the far right-wing swing of the site making a big deal out of it and trying to tie it directly back to Kerry
                    I dont deny it,I AM a right-wing nut. However,Ill give you the benefit of the doubt. Are you suggesting that the aformentioned commentary was somehow taken out of context?
                    Delegate, MN GOP.

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...?id=1156276727

Comment

Sorry Chrisvalla!

What I'm sorry for is you. I almost fell out of my seat when I read your post.

Basically, you've just said that it's okay to kill those contractors because they're not really contractors.....they're mercenaries. Shame on you. They are still Americans who are doing a job that they have been trained for.

The fact that in a sense you attack the "Right Wing/Republicans" for their deaths and not the people who actually did it just scares the hell out of me. For you to think it's okay for the "Left Wing/Democrats" to get away with saying those kinds of things just scares the hell out of me as well.

The fact remains that those people in the original post said those things and "That's Just Plain Freakin' Wrong" and you should know better than to give the impression that it's not.

I agree with Sickpup when he said
                      You arenít the least bit outraged? Then I say 'shame on you'.
                      Shame on you!

dog

Comment

The problem is I don't feel anything for the deaths of the "contractors" Merc's or what ever you want to call them. At least I don't really feel anything. Annoyed maybe but thats it. They knew what they were getting into. Especially being ex-military. The comments made were wrong in the greatest sense but something else bothers me just as much. Saying that ALL Dem's or even most of them fell this way is wrong also. I know Republicans who have said similar things and Dems who raised hell over it.

It should be remembered that the simple majority of people in the US are sheep. Following the next trend or whatever. I am hoping that we have thinkers in this group. And If we do then personal attacks are not called for because as thinkers we should beable to accept other peoples points of view. I find it sad that for expressing his oppinion chrisvalla would bring this kind of talk down an himself. SO if that is how it is to be played then SHAME ON YOU for bringing it. If I wanted to live in a country where I had to toe the party line and be told what I think then I move to North Korea or Iran. Luckily I was born in the US where I THOUGHT we were free to speak our minds without the nasty repercussions. Now My Rant is over.

Comment

Re: Prepare to be outraged

Originally posted by sickpup
                          Democrats Cheer Falluja Outrage

As sickening as it is, it's worth reading if for no other reason than seeing what some of the left-leaning goobers are thinking.

Read it Here

A few choice remarks about the four contractors that were killed in Iraq:

"These swine were MERCENARIES. Paid Hessians. Murderers for hire. They're worse than Al-Queda. At least Al-Queda is fighting for a cause. I say "too bad, so sad, bye-bye."

"Mercenaries - These men are just serial killers with a good retirement plan. They deserve what they get."
                          As the saying goes, "Nothing but the same old story". Liberals decry what they term "character assassination" , "heartless conservatism" and simillar such epithets, and then come forward with tripe such as this. The masters of touchy-feely they pretend to having the utmost of compassion, good-will, and generosity (so long as you subject yourself utterly to their dogma. If not, then they will unleash the snarling bulldogs upon you (e.g. Hilary "Ride 'em" Clinton, Barbara Boxer, Diane Feinstein and Edward "I'm a killer and a drunk" Kennedy).
                          Mens Est Clavis Victoriae
                          (The Mind Is The Key To Victory)

Comment

Being taken out of context is certainly not the issue here... events happened, words were said/written either in part or whole and they're pretty straight forward. The source of the story also doesn't matter or negate what was said; I was merely pointing out the source to show the un-baised nature it was coming from. Had the source been more middle-of-the-road, I would never have mentioned it, but it was fairly open in it's Democrat hostility. Was what was said tasteless, yes (opinion); was it unneccessary, probably (opinion); was it outrageous, not to me.

Patriotism comes in many forms, just ask white-supremacists, neo-nazis (or the original), intelligence agencies, soldiers, civil rights groups...whoever. Those that oppose what is going on and speak their mind and are willing to work within the established system to change it are no less patriotic than blinded 'yes men'. Patriotism is such an over-used shield for justifying just about anything in the 'national interest' (which would be who's interest by the way? Yours? Mine? Special Interests? A Shadow Government's?. Last I remember it was written and empowered as a government "...of the people, for the people"... which people... those in power?)

The contractors in Iraq are there of their own free will (which is a bit more voluntary than the DoD personnel who are assigned there, though not by much). They knew the risks, they accepted them, and some of they paid for (and will continue to pay for) their decision with their lives. Do I think it somehow 'justified' that these 'contract soldiers' were themselves killed, no; they took a high risk job and the worst case happened. I don't feel anything towards them one way or another, no pride, no pity, no shame, no disgust, it just 'is' and as a semi-compassionate human being, I'm sorry they were killed. But at the same time, they are armed 'invaders' in another country from those people's point of view and therefore are legitimate targets. Is what they do difficult work? Hell Yeah! I wouldn't do it, but I'm a bit death-averse myself.

Likewise, I don't feel outraged towards what happened afterwards; I think it was excessive and sick, but such atrocities are committed all the time in warfare as a message to the enemy. Is it really any different than heads on spikes? Or is it because we're now 'civilized' that such barbaric acts should shock us? I just don't get 'outraged' because all is fair in war and you deal with it and react accordingly. I'm not outraged the US takes out civilians in the war zone by accident (thinking back specifically to the roadblock incident with the family in the van); it just happens and if it was a mistake, efforts need to be made to at least try to see it doesn't happen again.

Would it matter if they were unarmed? Yes it would; I would feel pity towards them and a bit of disgust at those who attacked them, but still no outrage because 'things happen' in a war zone and those in the zone know that and accept it (except for the UN).

I take no sides in the Democrats versus Republican debates... both are rotten to the core, but this forum has a VERY strong Republican right-wing slant to it that needs to be evened out occasionaly. I'm certainly not going to toot the horn for Democrats, but at the same time, it gets old seeing the same Democrat-bashing all the time without a rebuttal simply because those that are more Democrat in nature either 1) aren't on here, 2) won't say anything for fear of being burned, or 3) don't have as good of arguement (which is the case often enough).

It's not wrong to have an opinion. It's not wrong to have an opinion that many disgaree with. It doesn't make something right just because everyone agrees with it.

Fact: the US hires armed and unarmed contractors; Fact: some contractors were killed and their bodies were mutilated; Opinion: Americans should be outraged; Opinion: I should be outraged; Opinion: anyone saying otherwise in unpatriotic; Opinion: I should be shamed for saying so.

Fact: You have your opinions, I have mine; Fact: neither of us is wrong.

That's what great about the US that overzealous 'patriots' seem to forget; we're allowed to think (but maybe not act) differently, we're allowed to have minority opinions, and in most cases, we're allowed to voice those minority and sometimes unpopular opinions (even to our own detriment). If that's not the case, lets just put a dictator in power (or political party) that tells us all what were supposed to think, do, and feel and forget this whole democracy experiment.
                            If voting could really change things, it would be illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by Coldfiregod
                              Luckily I was born in the US where I THOUGHT we were free to speak our minds without the nasty repercussions.
                              You ARE free to speak your mind and voice your opinion, but I'm just as free to call it shameful that you feel no sense of outrage over what took place and how some of the folks within our own nation feel about their fellow countrymen. Your nonchalant/apathetic approach to the situation is, in my opinion, disgusting.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X