Finally!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally!!!

:thumb: Well here it is boys...something big is going to go down in Fallujah (the major troublespot) I have been hearing that the Army, Marines, other coaltion forces and the Iraqi police and members of the newly formed Iraqi army are finally getting ready to go in and kick some uhhhh....ACE!! I hope we knock the living hell out of all those insurgents. They deserve whats coming towards them! Although I hope civilian casualties are a minimum. Write back with your comments on how you fell about this!

COTTER
    "Send Me"

Yeah I hope the revenge is swift and just. Apparently they are going to surround the town, block off all the major routes, and move block by block searching and arresting all insurgents. I am glad they are taking this approach as it is the most effective with the least casualties.

Comment

Do you know when this "cleansing" will start?
      "If my theory of realitivity is proved true, then France will declare me a citizen of the world and Germany will call me a German. However, if it is proved untrue, then France will call me a German, and Germany a jew."

-Albert Einstein

Comment

No details have been released...but I have a feeling SOON.
        "Send Me"

Comment

While I'm glad that we're finally doing something over there, I would rather it be much more... ummm... brutal.

A good read about an alternate (and more brutal) approach can be seen at: Raze Fallujah (FrontPage Mag)
          Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated... again...

Comment

From StrategyPage.com

Fallujah is surrounded by American and Iraqi troops. U.S. Marine patrols have been moving through the outskirts of the city, with helicopter and fixed wing gunships overhead. A 7 PM to 6 AM curfew has been announced for the city. The operation, called Vigilant Resolve, will last several days and has the objective of arresting those responsible for killing four Americans in the city last week, as well as arresting or killing leaders of anti-government groups in the city.

The raids into Fallujah, to round up members of Baath Party gangs responsible for killing four American civilians last week, will be successful for reasons that most folks back home will never see. It's all in the preparation. The American tactics and techniques for the thousands of raids that have been conducted have been very successful. Hardly any American casualties, and not may Iraqi ones either. The troops train intensively for these operations, often using 3-D computer pictures of the target area to rehearse the mission. The infantry and marines involved have received a level of training that was only given to commandos a few decades ago. All of this enables the raids to go off at high speed, which leaves the subjects of the raid shocked and surprised, and rarely able to take any counter-action.

Comment

Re: Finally!!!

Originally posted by cotterc404
              :thumb: Well here it is boys...something big is going to go down in Fallujah (the major troublespot) I have been hearing that the Army, Marines, other coaltion forces and the Iraqi police and members of the newly formed Iraqi army are finally getting ready to go in and kick some uhhhh....ACE!! I hope we knock the living hell out of all those insurgents. They deserve whats coming towards them! Although I hope civilian casualties are a minimum. Write back with your comments on how you fell about this!

COTTER
              CENTCOM needs to clamp down on both Fallujah and Najaf (at least). Let no one in out and no one in. The troops will allow shipments of food, drink, and medicine, after inspection of vehicle and occupants. When the radical inhabitants are ready to act like human beings, rather than sadistic fiends, and when the extremists in Najaf hand over the Imam of Murder, the cities MAY be open for free travel again. These should be the model for future coalition ops. Like so many others, the only thing these extremists fear and respect is overwhelming force. They should be afraid to show their faces, for fear of getting them blown off.
              Mens Est Clavis Victoriae
              (The Mind Is The Key To Victory)

Comment

COTTER
                He-he, and after such an actions, American and European politicians blame Russia for "using disproportionately force" in Chechnia!!!

I think now they can see that armed people can't be placated only by police forces....

No sympathy to radical Shiits, but I feel that it's only the beginning...

Again and again I'm CRYING that the situation in IRAQ now is DAMN SIMILAR to Chechnia-1994-95!!!!!!
                Almost nobody noticed my topic about prognosis to the future, inclding Iraqi's one!

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...=&threadid=687

My experience tells me that it will be a CATASTROPHE!!!
                I'm not gloating over the misfortunes of USA. The situation in Iraq is too serious for all the world now...
                Iraq is dramatically becomes the attraction point for different kinds of terrorists!!!
                No sympathy to Saddam, but to say the truth, Iraq NEVER was such in his period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

COTTER
                  Yep, this operation is Fallujah/Ramadi and elsewhere in the country (Najaf, Mosul, Basra, etc.) will not be a one-day, or even a few day operation. This operation will continue until the extremists are totally pacified - which may well mean until they are exterminated. Why not, if they're in a rush to meet Allah (or someone else), why should we not help them? Once they are neutralized we may more vigorously go after the extremists in Najaf, the so-called Mahdi Army. Though we will almost certainly strike the mosque there (it is one of the three most holy to Shiites) we will nonetheless pacify Najaf and other cities as well.
                  Mens Est Clavis Victoriae
                  (The Mind Is The Key To Victory)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X