No announcement yet.

USMC proposed restructuring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would be perfect IMO, would be a modernized AMX10 RC. 15 ton 6x6 with a medium velocity 105mm. There is a huge gap between an MBT's 120mm and AFV's with 25-35mm autocannon. While AT missiles can make up some of that, they are bulky and expensive and sometimes you just need a big HE round to destroy a building. The problem with any new military procurement program of any country is that it ends up gold-plated. Witness the F35 and Zumwalts. Something safe against 20-35mm autocannons would be sufficient.

Comment

I think that 14.5mm all around would be sufficient for an amphibious IFV with armor kit for the frontal arc and the suspension rated for a few tons heavier to allow for any later options.

I would like to see a light tank variety of the IFV, with 25mm protection and either a reasonably heavy auto cannon like 40mm and a missile or rocket system or a 105mm gun.

Preferably a 105 and with a turret that'll allow for reasonable elevation. Be nice to have a vehicle that can dual role as artillery.

Of course I also have crazy ideas about those Israeli spike NLOS missiles and an IFV with a VLS system instead of the troop bay. Mobile light precision artillery and anti tank.
      Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X