Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's one year on...Massive bomb in Baghdad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's one year on...Massive bomb in Baghdad.

Isn't today the first anniversary of the start of the war in Iraq?

There's been a big bomb explosion in Baghdad this evening - a Hotel appears to have been, well, demolished would be the word. Looks like a car bomb.

What a lovely way to celebrate the liberation of your country.

Sigh.

Dr. S.
    Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Re: It's one year on...Massive bomb in Baghdad.

Originally posted by Doctor Sinister
    Isn't today the first anniversary of the start of the war in Iraq?

There's been a big bomb explosion in Baghdad this evening - a Hotel appears to have been, well, demolished would be the word. Looks like a car bomb.

What a lovely way to celebrate the liberation of your country.

Sigh.

Dr. S.
    I may be wrong, but I believe its Friday. This latest attack is only the indication that those responsible are concluding that attacking such targets are easier, safer. and get the same media coverage. Also, they may thing that killing civilians may work more to their benefit than soldier. Anyone notice that there always seems to be a handful (or more) of people at each site complaining that such acts are the fault of the US? Anyone think they may be paid provocateurs? We've been entirely too delicate with our counter-terror ops. We can make the terrorists really hurt with little risk to the innocent. One suggestion I've made to several outlets (CENTCOM, DOD, SecDef, etc) is that they post a decree "Any armed person not a member of coalition armed forces or Iraqi Security Forces will be shot on sight." The first five or six times it happens will certainly leave an impression.
    Mens Est Clavis Victoriae
    (The Mind Is The Key To Victory)

Comment

Re: Re: It's one year on...Massive bomb in Baghdad.

Originally posted by hogdriver
      One suggestion I've made to several outlets (CENTCOM, DOD, SecDef, etc) is that they post a decree "Any armed person not a member of coalition armed forces or Iraqi Security Forces will be shot on sight." The first five or six times it happens will certainly leave an impression.
      Yikes! I hope they're ignoring you! In much of country, the people are on our side and we have no desire to shoot them!

If you have a good suggestion to identify who is in Iraqi security (where there are no uniforms in many cases) and hunters (where there is no money and people still have to eat) and village defense forces (who shoot at the looters who are destroying the national infrastructure) and bodyguards for friendly politicians, pass it along to me.

I think life here is a little more complex than you think.
      Barcsi János ispán vezérőrnagy
      Time Magazine's Person of the Year for 2003 & 2006

"Never pet a burning dog."

RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:
      http://www.mormon.org
      http://www.sca.org
      http://www.scv.org/
      http://www.scouting.org/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
        Berlin.1945
        by casanova
        The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
        Yesterday, 23:41
      • casanova
        AW 169M
        by casanova
        The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
        Yesterday, 23:26
      • JBark
        What changed?
        by JBark
        There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
        Yesterday, 18:54
      Working...
      X