And now for something different

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And now for something different

The Red Arrows over New York. Some nice shots published by the BBC. Not quite sure what exactly the purpose of the tour is - promoting Britain sounds very vague - probably one of Boris's ideas?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-49440354
    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
    The Red Arrows over New York. Some nice shots published by the BBC. Not quite sure what exactly the purpose of the tour is - promoting Britain sounds very vague - probably one of Boris's ideas?

Ah fck! I forgot about that. I was so up to my armpits yesterday that I couldn't tear myself away from my desk.
    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

A group of twenty-four birds, made up of USN Blue Angels, USAF Thunderbirds, RCAF Snowbirds, and RAF Red Arrows, flew south along the Hudson towards Liberty Island, 'bout 1100 hrs EDT, if I recall correctly. If I'd have remembered, I could have sauntered just a few feet across our office here and seen it right out of our window.

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
        A group of twenty-four birds, made up of USN Blue Angels, USAF Thunderbirds, RCAF Snowbirds, and RAF Red Arrows, flew south along the Hudson towards Liberty Island, 'bout 1100 hrs EDT, if I recall correctly. If I'd have remembered, I could have sauntered just a few feet across our office here and seen it right out of our window.
        Then who would have sorted and delivered the office mail? Rimshot!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post

I doubt if Boris had anything to do with it. Schedules are normally set up well in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post

I doubt if Boris had anything to do with it. Schedules are normally set up well in advance.
            AKA , RCAF snowbirds take off. Defective snowbirds land or crash. wreckers called in.
            remaining snowbirds old Tudors on afterburners, flat out
            other air forces Drop flaps and Lower landing gear to , err, 'keep pace.'

all craft pass by slick-meisters window in formation.
            controllers hear
            "aww, %^$#, he's buried deep in work.'

All craft return to base More RCAF Tudors collapse gear on landing.
            Wreckers called in.....
            The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Then who would have sorted and delivered the office mail? Rimshot!

Schedules for the Blue Angels are set nearly in year in advance, so I'm guessing that Johnson had nothing to do with yesterday's flyby.

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post

Ah fck! I forgot about that. I was so up to my armpits yesterday that I couldn't tear myself away from my desk.
                tactical J had room in his private jet for you'all....

The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Yes but he was Foreign Secretary some time ago - a very inept one but still FS
                  Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                  Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X