Whodunnit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whodunnit?

Who conducted the massive attacks in Madrid?

At this moment, Spanish authorities are focusing on the Basque separatist group ETA. However, given their past operations and their demonstrated level of technical and organizational skill, suspicions must look elsewhere.

al-Qaeda? True thay have threatened the Spanish for being a part of the war on terrorism, and they are sophisticated enough to have carried out the attack. Until more evidence emerges, they may will have to be considered as the prime suspects.

A third possibility is a proxy, someone paid and trained by al-Qaeda or, much less likely, by ETA. Recent reports do indicate that a younger, more violent faction of ETA is moving into leadership positions, a faction more willing to widen their campaign (they have largely struck at government, police and military in the past), and to stage more massive attacks, not trying to avoid civilian casualties. Other reports indicate that ETA is breaking up, largely due to the lack of progress in achieving a Basque homeland. At present, this seems unlikely, but must be considered.

It may quite some time before the perpetrators are identified, tried, and brought to justice. In the meantime , we may all muse about who it was.

Comments?
    Mens Est Clavis Victoriae
    (The Mind Is The Key To Victory)

Those ones in Spain are VERY similar to attacks in Russia in Caucasus area (two trains blown up) and in Moscow subway a month ago.
    Almost only difference is the type of blow machine. Here it was done by kamikaze.
    ETA uses more dotty attacks.

Arabian terrorists (and those in Chechnia learnt from them) are famous here for using such tactics as we could observe in Spain
    1. Maximal amount of victims
    2. Several terroristic groups at once
    3. Never specification warnings about the time and place of attack
    (element of surprize and shock to obtain)
    4. Sometimes even no official responsibility of any terroristic organization for this

I have almost no doubts in the authority of this crime
    If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

Who indeed...

At the time of writing, a terrorist group with Al-Qa'ida/al-Qaeda (however the hell you spell it!) connections has claimed responsibility for the bombings.

Which is odd, because normally Al-Qa'ida/al-Qaeda don't claim responsibility for anything - take the September the 11th attacks, IIRC no-one ever actually claimed responsibility for that, they just keep quiet about it.

And the other odd thing is that ETA normally DO claim responsibility for their atrocities. So why aren't they shouting it from the rooftops?

At the moment, ETA is going to great pains to say that it definitely WASN'T them, and people are starting to believe them - to the point where the Spanish Government is being accused of maintaining the view that this was an attack by ETA for political purposes.

From what I have heard, it has been discovered that the bombs were set off by signals from mobile telephones. You can either read this as proof of an Al-Qa'ida/al-Qaeda attack (using the technology of the West against itself as they have in the past) or as definite evidence that this WASN'T an Al-Qa'ida/al-Qaeda attack (no suicide bombers).

As you say, if this was ETA, it's bigger than ANYTHING they've ever done before and could demonstrate a frightening new phase in their campaign for the people of Spain and France.

If it was Al-Qa'ida/al-Qaeda then it's an escalation of their campaign and we ALL need to be very wary.

Dr. S.
      Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

suspect

These seem to have all the workings of al-Qaeda behind them.
        Before the war in Iraq began, Spain was "warned" by terrorist groups that they would pay for showing support to US and British troops.

I think this is going to be one of the last acts of this particular group before Bin Laden is either taken or killed.
        That is if he is not already. The US speaks very little and would have one hell of a time trying to keep the man safe if he were alive. They would also have one hell of a time trying to keep him secluded with all the "sleeper cells" around.

Mark
        Deo Vindice
        Si vis pacem, para bellum. (If you want peace, prepare for war.)

Comment

I missed to say that terrorists in Chechnia and inside Russia, are also fond of using mobile phones for initiation of a blows of a bombs. They do this if they are sure that our secret services can't block phone signal

Comment

Originally posted by amvas
            Those ones in Spain are VERY similar to attacks in Russia in Caucasus area (two trains blown up) and in Moscow subway a month ago.
            Almost only difference is the type of blow machine. Here it was done by kamikaze.
            ETA uses more dotty attacks.

Arabian terrorists (and those in Chechnia learnt from them) are famous here for using such tactics as we could observe in Spain
            1. Maximal amount of victims
            2. Several terroristic groups at once
            3. Never specification warnings about the time and place of attack
            (element of surprize and shock to obtain)
            4. Sometimes even no official responsibility of any terroristic organization for this

I have almost no doubts in the authority of this crime
            Yes, I was quite worried upon hearing of the explosion in Arkhangelsk. I was thinking that maybe the Chechens or some other group has branched out from attacks only in Moscow or Chechnya

It is certain that a variety of Islamic extermists/terrorists could have had a hand in this outrage. The key may be to begin acting in more preemptive manner.
            Mens Est Clavis Victoriae
            (The Mind Is The Key To Victory)

Comment

Originally posted by hogdriver
              Yes, I was quite worried upon hearing of the explosion in Arkhangelsk. I was thinking that maybe the Chechens or some other group has branched out from attacks only in Moscow or Chechnya

It is certain that a variety of Islamic extermists/terrorists could have had a hand in this outrage. The key may be to begin acting in more preemptive manner.
              Now it's still not clear who are responsible for Arkhangelsk's explosion. Definetely it was a planned diversion. But whois? To my mind only two variants - Terrorist group from Chechnia and maniak...

Btw, in Moscow area some unknown diversants are also paying attention to gas communications. A few years ago an explosion of a gas station was averted. And this year somebody destroyed a few gas lines in the same district

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X