Nuclear weapon countermeasures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuclear weapon countermeasures

In this time where we tremble in front of the allmighty power of nuclear and hydrogen bombs, has there been any research done about possible countermeasures against them? And if nothing concrete has been concluded, do you have any idea what we could try to develop a way to defend ourselves from such threat?
    "Beneath its gilded beauty, though, there lies a poorly designed game which rewards the greedy and violent, and punishes the hardworking and honest; and if you think about it, that's a good representation of capitalism" - Nightfreeze about Eve Online

"The secret of war lies in the communications" - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

The best defense is common sense (which is an oxymoron if ever there was one).

Nukes have only one use, and that use is not an option.

You are not safer in your home if everyone has a gun. I don't understand why having the threat of a nuke makes us safer. If everyone had nukes, we would not be safer.

The trouble with nukes, is everyone that has them NOW, knows we can bully those that don't have them NOW. Understandably, those without them don't wish to be among the group that doesn't have them.

And sadly, the only defense the US seems to be able to offer for having theirs, is their way of thinking/lifestyle/form of government is the best, and naturally the entire world wants to be just like them (they might just not realize it yet) and so they absolutely must have nukes so that no one can change that.
      Life is change. Built models for decades.
      Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
      I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

I know theres been research into countermeasures to a dity bomb. I saw these researchers in America. They spray this gel on to surfaces and it then peels of taking the contaminant with it.Not sure its that practical over a wide area. As for countermeasures agianst a nuclear explosion. Prayer might be a good start.

Comment

The best way to stop a nuclear weapon is to make sure it doesn't go.
          "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."

General G. C. Patton

Comment

Lasers, Interceptor missiles and nuking them before they nuke you.

Comment

Originally posted by copenhagen View Post
              I know theres been research into countermeasures to a dity bomb. I saw these researchers in America. They spray this gel on to surfaces and it then peels of taking the contaminant with it. Not sure its that practical over a wide area. As for countermeasures agianst a nuclear explosion. Prayer might be a good start.
              We were told it is just for cleaning critical items.

Back in 1946 during the Crossroads atomic tests, there were USN seamen trying to scrub the radioactive particals from the decks of the test ships. The officers who ordered this tried had no idea of the nature of the contamination and several hundred USN enlisted and officers suffered for this bit of ignorance. ....and test showed the cleaning efforts of marginal value.

Much of the communications equipment I used was shielded to some degree from the EMP of a atomic burst.

Comment

I think the best defence we currently have is , and its already been mentioned, is to destroy ther missiles carrying them either from the moment they launch, or from a defensive ABM site on your own shores...i think that is the only practical solution ATM, maybe this topic requires some web surfing?

Comment

The only defensive research that I've heard of are intercetors and the airborne laser that tries to knock out the missle in the early stages of lift off.
                  "To the USA Commander of the encircled town of Bastogne. . .There is only one possibility. . .the honorable surrender of the encircled town."
                  "To the German Commander: Nuts! The American Commander."
                  Brig GEN McAuliffe response at Bastogne Dec 1944

Comment

Those methods aren't 100% reliable. The only guaranteed way to prevent a nuclear weapon from hitting is to make sure it never launches.

As for us having nukes to protect us, it's simple logic. If you hit me, I'll blow the **** out of you.
                    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."

General G. C. Patton

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X