Job Offer anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job Offer anyone?

Now , we are all generals , who all bring unique set of skills to these forums, and are regarded very highly throughout the globe for our passionate debate..

..so, if the US navy, Marines ,Army and Air force suddenly all pop up on your doorstep to ask you to fill their five star general vacancy, which posistion would you accept? Which of these services awesome capabilities would you like to have at your fingertips? Or would you mistake them for Jehovahs Witness , and not answer the door!

Originally posted by galland View Post
    Now , we are all generals , who all bring unique set of skills to these forums, and are regarded very highly throughout the globe for our passionate debate..

..so, if the US navy, Marines ,Army and Air force suddenly all pop up on your doorstep to ask you to fill their five star general vacancy, which posistion would you accept? Which of these services awesome capabilities would you like to have at your fingertips? Or would you mistake them for Jehovahs Witness , and not answer the door!
    Retired Army, so I'd have to go for the Army job. They have my address.
    Barcsi János ispán vezérőrnagy
    Time Magazine's Person of the Year for 2003 & 2006

"Never pet a burning dog."

RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:
    http://www.mormon.org
    http://www.sca.org
    http://www.scv.org/
    http://www.scouting.org/

Comment

Hmm, I know next to nothing about naval strategies and such, so I definitely won't join the navy. Plus, I don't like being stuck on a carrier for a year.

Probably Army or Marines, more in my field of comfort.
      "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."

General G. C. Patton

Comment

Originally posted by galland View Post
        ..so, if the US navy, Marines ,Army and Air force suddenly all pop up on your doorstep to ask you to fill their five star general vacancy, which posistion would you accept? Which of these services awesome capabilities would you like to have at your fingertips?
        Bah, commanding one little piece of the military is just not enough. I want to be Commander in Chief. Then I get the authority to use Nukes too!

Land-Sea-Air I want it ALL! Muuhhhaaaaaahhhaaaaaaa!

Uh, maybe I've been playing to much "Hearts of Iron 2 - Doomsday" lately.....
        Battles are dangerous affairs... Wang Hsi

Comment

The most powerful one, of course - The Air Force.
          Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated... again...

Comment

LOL, I would've slammed the door thinking Jehovahs Witness for sure!!!

USAF for me!
            "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
            Ernest Hemingway.

"The more I learn about people, The more I love my dog".
            Mark Twain.

Comment

Absolutely USAF
              Scientists have announced they've discovered a cure for apathy. However no one has shown the slightest bit of interest !!

Comment

I'd take any, though I would prefer the Army or Marines.

Comment

As my family have served mainly in the Army, that would be my choice.
                  Never Fear the Event

Admiral Lord Nelson

Comment

They better phone first, I treat all knocks at the door as Johos or worse.

I'm looking for the job as Chief of Beach Security on some Caribbean Island though
                    Last edited by PzKfwBob; 11 Oct 07, 04:41.
                    Eternal War(gaming) Armoured Struggle Car Bob

History does not record anywhere at any time a religion that has any rational basis.
                    Lazarus Long

Draw the blinds on yesterday and it's all so much scarier....
                    David Bowie

Comment

Why nobody ever mentions the Coast Guards?

Comment

Sorry about that Boonierat, thought of this subject five minutes before i went to work....!

Comment

Ok, lets extrapolate this out a little further...

Now as you sit behind your desk, kitted out with your five stars on your shoulderboards , lets pretend that it is up to you to shape the future of your chosen service. What would you do? Would you follow the current procrument plans currnetly in place for your service, or would you make changes?

Personally, i would chose the USAF, and the first thing i would do is increease the order for the FA-22 Rapter to about 3 times what is currently on order, chose a new tanker design, and order about 300 of them, and put my weight behind a synthetic oil program to decrease our dependence on foreign fuel sources.

So General, what would you do?

Comment

For the USAF...

Kick some serious a$$ with the JSF project, try to get that back on track!

Scrape the stealth bombers and concentrate on hypersonic designs.

And integrate more overseas technology into future fighter planes etc!

Hows that for rocking the boat mate!
                            Last edited by Achtung Baby; 11 Oct 07, 05:44.
                            "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                            Ernest Hemingway.

"The more I learn about people, The more I love my dog".
                            Mark Twain.

Comment

Awesome, thats the stuff im looking for, really get in there and [email protected]#k the military industrial complex up!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X