• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tokyo Rose

How did "toyko Rose" and or japanese intel. get their information

Originally posted by Hcoleman View Post
    How did "toyko Rose" and or japanese intel. get their information
    My best guess was that the Japanese Secret Police, the "Kempetai" (sp) had far flung agents across the Pacific with radios to report Allied military moves to their own intelligence services. Tokyo Rose could be frighteningly accurate at times, given what I've heard from US Pacific War Veterans.
    "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

Loose lips sink ships.
      Today's biggest contributors of info to the enemy is our own media.

Comment

Originally posted by johnbryan View Post
        My best guess was that the Japanese Secret Police, the "Kempetai" (sp) had far flung agents across the Pacific with radios to report Allied military moves to their own intelligence services. Tokyo Rose could be frighteningly accurate at times, given what I've heard from US Pacific War Veterans.
        I haven't heard much about this but it wouldn't surprise me. The Japs lacked for gear after '42 but the stuff they already had, and the methods that they made do with were really phenomenal. People ignore just how formidable they really were until the very end of the war.

Comment

Originally posted by Trung-si View Post
          Loose lips sink ships.
          Today's biggest contributors of info to the enemy is our own media.
          That is very true. Look at Geraldo the Clown (Jerry Rivers/Geraldo Rivera) and his little map that he drew that practically gave away the whole plan to the Iraqis

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X