Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• robert roger rangers vs canadian guerilla fighters

who are the best?
    i know is a dificult question but i think have a easy answer....

Roger's Rangers all the way!!!

I would have to go with the Scots-Irish Roger's Rangers, because their immediate ancestors came from this extremely violent, chaotic and bloodstained frontier society over in Ulster, Northern Ireland.

It was this society that was mainly predicated upon being incessantly vigilant, thoroughly trained, proficient and comfortable with using various blade weapons, perennially combat ready at all hours, well organized to fight and willing to die in defense of the homestead (for the native Irish of that region were in many ways quite similar to the Native Americans that the transplanted Ulster Scots would eventually encounter and fight!).

Life in 17th century Ulster, Scotland and in Northern England was extremely harsh to say the least, so when the offspring of those tough and hardy British frontiersmen began to migrate across the Atlantic and settle in the vast and virgin American frontier at the start of the 18th century they were already thoroughly conditioned and supremely well prepared to take on all comers, carve out a precarious living and survive in the unforgiving, untamed and majestic American wilderness.

So because of the brutal, savage and merciless conditions that Roger's Rangers and their Northern Irish/Scottish ancestors had to endure and persevere through they all in turn evolved into this extremely formidable, super tough, battle ready, self-reliant and die-hard race of fearsome warriors who were unmatched when it came time to engage in the type and mode of guerilla warfare/hand-to-hand combat that they specialized in. The ferocious Scots-Irish Rangers, who were impervious to pain, would be more than a match for the Canadian guerilla fighters, hacking them to pieces!!!

Comment

Originally posted by iroquois View Post
      who are the best?
      i know is a dificult question but i think have a easy answer....
      I can pick Canadians from the first half of the 20th century for guerilla fighters?

The type of Canadians that would hunt a man through northern winter blizzard, dense forests, frozen waterfall, across an entire mountain range and then kill the guy when he refused to give up. These were the police and nice guys too.

Comment

i think the best suitable are the franco canadians who dwelt in amerindian villages...they are strong very well buid and with indian way of warfare. i think they deserve the title...because they fight and always win against robert rogers in the new york frontier...(battle of anowshoes)

Comment

expanding the quiche

Taking the scenario a bit earlier and the argument a little further:
          I have the impression that had the Marquis de Montcalm defended French Canada in 1759 using guerrilla tactics rather than engaging general Wolfe's army in a traditional battle at the Heights of Abraham, French speaking North-America would be a lot larger than it is today.
          Last edited by Colonel Sennef; 21 Aug 07, 12:38.
          BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsennef View Post
            Taking the scenario a bit earlier and the argument a little further:
            I have the impression that had the Marquis de Montcalm defended French Canada in 1759 using guerrilla tactics rather than engaging general Wolfe's army in a traditional battle at the Heights of Abraham, French speaking North-America would be a lot larger than it is today.
            remember that in 1758 in the ambush of la famine near niagara the best canadian wood fighters were murdered or captured by willian johnson's iroquois. since that date the western and great lakes indians recused in majority to fight french battles because they feel french defeat in the war.
            montcalm never like vaudreuil's way of fight, he think's that the european way of make war is the best. and in 1759 few coeur du bois appear in quebec!

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor Ahern View Post
              I would have to go with the Scots-Irish Roger's Rangers, because their immediate ancestors came from this extremely violent, chaotic and bloodstained frontier society over in Ulster, Northern Ireland.

It was this society that was mainly predicated upon being incessantly vigilant, thoroughly trained, proficient and comfortable with using various blade weapons, perennially combat ready at all hours, well organized to fight and willing to die in defense of the homestead (for the native Irish of that region were in many ways quite similar to the Native Americans that the transplanted Ulster Scots would eventually encounter and fight!).

Life in 17th century Ulster, Scotland and in Northern England was extremely harsh to say the least, so when the offspring of those tough and hardy British frontiersmen began to migrate across the Atlantic and settle in the vast and virgin American frontier at the start of the 18th century they were already thoroughly conditioned and supremely well prepared to take on all comers, carve out a precarious living and survive in the unforgiving, untamed and majestic American wilderness.

So because of the brutal, savage and merciless conditions that Roger's Rangers and their Northern Irish/Scottish ancestors had to endure and persevere through they all in turn evolved into this extremely formidable, super tough, battle ready, self-reliant and die-hard race of fearsome warriors who were unmatched when it came time to engage in the type and mode of guerilla warfare/hand-to-hand combat that they specialized in. The ferocious Scots-Irish Rangers, who were impervious to pain, would be more than a match for the Canadian guerilla fighters, hacking them to pieces!!!

cut them to pieces were? in what engagement? in a lot of them the rangers were defeated. in the one who the rangers were parcial sucessefuly, the st. francis raid in the end the relates said that the rangers killed few indians and in the return home they loose a lot of man in the woods by french and indian war parties or by getting loose in the wilderness. of course that raid put an end to the abenaki power in the frontiers of new england...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X