Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Robert Hansen case?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Robert Hansen case?

    I finished watch the movie Breach which is about the FBI agent Rober Hansen who was discovered to be spying and giving top secret information to the Soviet Union and later Russia beginning in 1985 and ending with his arrest in 2001. During the course of his career spying for the USSR and later Russia he helped them uncover over 50 people who inside the Warsaw Pact nations who were working for the US and US allied intelligence agencies all of these were executed or just disappered and never were heard from again. Also not to mention he gave them information on whee the US President and Cabinet along with Congress goes in the event of a nuclear or terrorist attack. This also it turned out was the most damaging case of espionage in US History. In addition with how corrupt Russia is now and days alot of this information that he sold could be in some other hands besides the Russians. Lastly I have a question did they ever capture Robert Hansens's handlers?

  • #2
    Originally posted by Kevin23 View Post
    I finished watch the movie Breach which is about the FBI agent Rober Hansen who was discovered to be spying and giving top secret information to the Soviet Union and later Russia beginning in 1985 and ending with his arrest in 2001. During the course of his career spying for the USSR and later Russia he helped them uncover over 50 people who inside the Warsaw Pact nations who were working for the US and US allied intelligence agencies all of these were executed or just disappered and never were heard from again. Also not to mention he gave them information on whee the US President and Cabinet along with Congress goes in the event of a nuclear or terrorist attack. This also it turned out was the most damaging case of espionage in US History. In addition with how corrupt Russia is now and days alot of this information that he sold could be in some other hands besides the Russians. Lastly I have a question did they ever capture Robert Hansens's handlers?
    His handlers were KGB with diplomatic status out of the Soviet Embassy. I don't recall whether they were PNG'd or not.

    rna
    Leadership is the ability to rise above conventional wisdom.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by R.N. Armstrong View Post
      His handlers were KGB with diplomatic status out of the Soviet Embassy. I don't recall whether they were PNG'd or not.

      rna
      This the guy who sold military secrets to the Russians in the late 90s? I thought he was caught.
      I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by comm. waffle View Post
        This the guy who sold military secrets to the Russians in the late 90s? I thought he was caught.

        He was,He is also currently on a very,very long vacation at the Federal Supermax in Florence Colorado.

        Comment


        • #5
          Hello,

          I think this movie demonstrated how lying can be elevated to the art when you're working in intelligence business. Furthermore, it shows the value of truth itself is relative to each individual or nation, which proves that we all live in a very sad world.

          Other than that, the movie is VERY good and quite believable! No superhero antics, no flashy special effects, nothing is done out of ordinary, in all, it's an excellent movie and is highly recommended!

          Dan
          Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

          "Aim small, miss small."

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Cheetah772 View Post
            Hello,

            I think this movie demonstrated how lying can be elevated to the art when you're working in intelligence business. Furthermore, it shows the value of truth itself is relative to each individual or nation, which proves that we all live in a very sad world.

            Other than that, the movie is VERY good and quite believable! No superhero antics, no flashy special effects, nothing is done out of ordinary, in all, it's an excellent movie and is highly recommended!

            Dan

            They left out alot of importent details I thought.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Kevin23 View Post
              They left out alot of importent details I thought.
              All good movies always left out important details.

              Dan
              Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

              "Aim small, miss small."

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Cheetah772 View Post
                Other than that, the movie is VERY good and quite believable! No superhero antics, no flashy special effects, nothing is done out of ordinary, in all, it's an excellent movie and is highly recommended!

                Dan
                Which is the nature of that work--long periods of preparation, analysis, waiting laced with moments of stark terror, a spectacularly successful action or a catastrophic headline.

                rna
                Leadership is the ability to rise above conventional wisdom.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Kevin23 View Post
                  They left out alot of importent details I thought.
                  I hope so. Protecting sources and methods is crucial to that line of work. Don't confuse freedom of speech with right/need to know. (I have visited the park in Vienna, VA where he had his dead drop site--looked at the ingress and egress routes, the specific location(s) of drop(s), placement of load/unload signals....)

                  rna
                  Last edited by R.N. Armstrong; 30 Jul 07, 07:09.
                  Leadership is the ability to rise above conventional wisdom.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by R.N. Armstrong View Post
                    I hope so. Protecting sources and methods is crucial to that line of work. Don't confuse freedom of speech with right/need to know. (I have visited the park in Vienna, VA where he had his dead drop site--looked at the ingress and egress routes, the specific location(s) of drop(s), placement of load/unload signals....)

                    rna
                    That park is only a 10 minute drive from my house,Also I used to go there alot as a kid on outings and such.

                    Comment

                    Latest Topics

                    Collapse

                    Working...
                    X