Obscure General Week.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obscure General Week.

I thought this might be an interesting way to find out about the lesser-known Generals of the world, and why people like them. Can be from any period, just given the name, and why you like them.

for me - Aslan Maskhadov - Chief of Staff for the Chechens, and Later President of Chechnya - oversaw the defence of Groznyy, and played a large role in the peace process. Just a calm, detached, intelligent General that got the respect o his enemies as well as his own troops.

when you are fighting, you need to fight, and wen you are making peace, you need to speak quietly.
    Now listening too;
    - Russell Robertson, ruining whatever credibility my football team once had.

Can't remember who it was but it was an American independence colonel , or general, who lost every single battle he fought, there was something like ten of them or even 20. However the bloke was able to field a decent sized force every time he was called upon to do so, and that was what was needed to drain Englands supply and resolve.

Its a good bit of info for you people who don't have a clue about Guerilla warfare and resisting foreign powers. The same could be said about Vietnam.
    Not lip service, nor obsequious homage to superiors, nor servile observance of forms and customs...the Australian army is proof that individualism is the best and not the worst foundation upon which to build up collective discipline - General Monash

Comment

Could it be this fellow?

Are you thinking of "Nathanial Greene" perhaps?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X