Spetznas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spetznas

Well, here is a nice link to a net-version of a book dealing with the Spetznas.

http://sy.cowiki.org/2737.html

I got it from the SPMBT mail group so no credit for me but for Lefty there
    "A platoon of Chinese tanks viciously attacked a Soviet harvester,
    which was peacefully working a field near the Soviet-Chinese border.
    The harvester returned fire and upon destroying the enemy
    returned to its home base."

read the original in russian a while back - might be asier this time round
    Now listening too;
    - Russell Robertson, ruining whatever credibility my football team once had.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan Rapkinov
      read the original in russian a while back - might be asier this time round
      Yeah might be...

Though one small flaw of the book is that the guy seems a little bit biased from time to time

Comment

I read some of his stuff in another book (in english) years ago - wasn't so much he was biased as he was bitter.

He gave credit where credit was due imo.
        Now listening too;
        - Russell Robertson, ruining whatever credibility my football team once had.

Comment

It must be the same man who wrote Aquarium, and Inside the Soviet Army. I read them many years ago, I found them very good. Is he also identical to the Suworow that wrote "Stalins verhinderter Erstschlag"?
          "You can't change the rules in the middle of the game."
          "Hey, you just made that rule up."

Heil Dicke Bertha!

Comment

Originally posted by Dicke Bertha
            It must be the same man who wrote Aquarium, and Inside the Soviet Army. I read them many years ago, I found them very good. Is he also identical to the Suworow that wrote "Stalins verhinderter Erstschlag"?
            I don't know. As i said I merely copied the URL because i thought it was quite good... (Stalins Erstschlag? klingt unwahrscheinlich)

Comment

How about it then?

I just tried to access this 'site' and it says that it's NO longer available, so I was wondering if ANYONE can remedy this situation? Thanks in advance to whomever is able to accomplish this 'feat'.

Comment

Originally posted by GROGnads_USA
                I just tried to access this 'site' and it says that it's NO longer available, so I was wondering if ANYONE can remedy this situation? Thanks in advance to whomever is able to accomplish this 'feat'.

worked fine from Finland...
                "SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM" - " If you want peace, prepare for war".

If acted upon in time, ww2 could have been stopped without a single bullet being fired. - Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Hey, this man is Viktor Rezun (he calls himself Suvorov), Russian betrayer.

He is very known in Russia, he is large lier and I advice to not read his books.

He published in Russia series of book when he wrote that Stalin wanted to attack Germany in July of 1941.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrey
                    He published in Russia series of book when he wrote that Stalin wanted to attack Germany in July of 1941.
                    He does make a strong case for it. While Stalin's intention to attack Germany is pretty clear, the open issue is when did he intend to do it. Suvorov has some good arguments indicating July 1941.

Suvorov's Aquarium was however a much better book than his Stalin books. I suspect the same of this book although I haven't read it. In the Stalin books Suvorov gets carried away and some of his conclusions are obviously fully in the realm of fantasy.

Comment

Originally posted by pp(est)
                      He does make a strong case for it. While Stalin's intention to attack Germany is pretty clear, the open issue is when did he intend to do it. Suvorov has some good arguments indicating July 1941.

Suvorov's Aquarium was however a much better book than his Stalin books. I suspect the same of this book although I haven't read it. In the Stalin books Suvorov gets carried away and some of his conclusions are obviously fully in the realm of fantasy.
                      It is proven fact that Suvorov is lier in case of 1941 events, there are SOME BOOKS in Russia where real historians prove that he is lier.
                      Only uneducated part of Russian public believes to Suvorov.

There are no reasons to believe to "Aquarium" if to remember that lie which Suvorov wrote later.

Comment

Originally posted by pp(est)

SOME RUSSIAN GENERALS PROPOSED A PRE-EMPTIVE ATTACK WHEN THE NEWS IN EARLY SUMMERTIME WAS BAD, THE SOVIETS KNEW THE GERMANS WERE MASSING THEIR ARMY ON THE BORDER, AND WHY NOT GET THEM WHEN THEY ARE STILL UNLOADING THE TANKS ECT REASONED SOME OF THE STAVKA, BUT STALIN FORBADE ANYTHING THAT COULD PROVOKE THE NAZI'S
                        AFTER THE FALL OF THE USSR THERE HAVE BEEN STORIES THAT STALIN WAS ABOUT TO ATTACK, NOT SO.
                        "SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM" - " If you want peace, prepare for war".

If acted upon in time, ww2 could have been stopped without a single bullet being fired. - Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by 17poundr
                          SOME RUSSIAN GENERALS PROPOSED A PRE-EMPTIVE ATTACK WHEN THE NEWS IN EARLY SUMMERTIME WAS BAD, THE SOVIETS KNEW THE GERMANS WERE MASSING THEIR ARMY ON THE BORDER, AND WHY NOT GET THEM WHEN THEY ARE STILL UNLOADING THE TANKS ECT REASONED SOME OF THE STAVKA, BUT STALIN FORBADE ANYTHING THAT COULD PROVOKE THE NAZI'S
                          AFTER THE FALL OF THE USSR THERE HAVE BEEN STORIES THAT STALIN WAS ABOUT TO ATTACK, NOT SO.
                          It was only offer of some generals who saw German preparings and worried about it. But it was not realized and USSR had no plan of attack Germany in July of 1941.

I repeat that Suvorov is considered large uneducated lier in Russia.

Comment

I think the Stalin books were basically Suvorov's milking cow. The more sensational claims he made the more money he made. Hence the reduced standards in those books. I still think that he did have some solid arguments, but I wouldn't take it at face value. Maybe some day a real historian will take up the research.

I am not going to argue that Stalin did intend to attack in July 1941. I have no idea as to when exactly Stalin planned to attack, I am only sure that he did intend to attack.

An interesting note. Suvorov defected from the Soviet Union, how come he is considered to be the traitor of Russia?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrey
                              Hey, this man is Viktor Rezun (he calls himself Suvorov), Russian betrayer.

He is very known in Russia, he is large lier and I advice to not read his books.

Well, as I said in the beginning I don't generally agree to the thinks he writes, but I thought it was an interesting read if one isd able to destinguish lies from truth...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X