Standard U.S. millitary weapon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standard U.S. millitary weapon.

I have had an argument with my friend for almost 6 months now. I have found sveral sites on it, but none of them are helpful, does the U.S. army us the M-16A2 or the M-4 carbine. Im almost positive Marines still use the A2 but what about the army? All special forces use the M-4 (usually thermally scoped or GL-attached) but what about the army grunt?
    Doesn't read Al Franken, can't watch Al Jazeera, will attack dumbasses. Anyone but Rumsfeld '04.

It depends on the unit. The M4 is becoming a very common sight though. The M4 is mainly in your Combat Arms and MP units. Most of the CSS units are still using the M-16A2, although the I do recall seeing an MWO (modification work order) that will upgrade all M-16A2(s) to M-16A4(s). Yes A3 was skipped. The A4 basically has the ability like the M4 to have sight attachments on the upper receiver. Hope this helps some. Don might have more insight being down on the line while I'm trapped up in the HQ's and qualify on my powerpoint skills.
    Popester

Comment

Popester is correct. Some units have M4's and some have M16's. Some active duty units have already been equipped with M16A4's.

I don't know what the final plan is.
      Editor-in-Chief
      GameSquad.com

Comment

yeah the A4 is now what is being passed around, with the A2 the training weapon.
        Doesn't read Al Franken, can't watch Al Jazeera, will attack dumbasses. Anyone but Rumsfeld '04.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X