The Last Samurai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Last Samurai

Well Tom Cruise's new movie "The Last Samurai", will be out soon anyone planning to see it?

Originally posted by Priest
    Well Tom Cruise's new movie "The Last Samurai", will be out soon anyone planning to see it?
    I am. Perhaps this weekend.

Can't wait to see Return of the King...
    Editor-in-Chief
    GameSquad.com

Comment

Return of the King is definitly King of my must see movie list!
      Michael
      "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorius is to die daily" - Napoleon Bonaparte.

Michael

Comment

Saw it already, good movie, would be even better without Tom Cruise; Ken Watanabe however makes this movie what it is. I would say go see it!
        "Have you forgotten the face of your father?"

Comment

This movie does look like it's goimg to be good.

Comment

Originally posted by Priest
            This movie does look like it's goimg to be good.
            It was a good movie, but I have trouble taking Tom "Thumb" Cruise seriously in any of his roles
            "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

Watanabe, battle scenes and soundtrack

Battle scenes were really what I liked about the movie, not Tom Cruise. Ken Watanabe on the other hand was completely convincing in his role.
              NB: Sound track is worth special mention!
              BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsennef
                Battle scenes were really what I liked about the movie, not Tom Cruise. Ken Watanabe on the other hand was completely convincing in his role.
                NB: Sound track is worth special mention!
                Agreed! Watanabe was very intense and very convincing.

Comment

The moral and honor dilemnas of Watanabe were the crux of the entire movie, along with the excellent presentation of the life of the samaurai and his obligations.

I guess I just assumed that Cruise was thrown in for comic relief. L. Ron Hubbard meets the Emperor.

Comment

Originally posted by MountainMan
                    The moral and honor dilemnas of Watanabe were the crux of the entire movie, along with the excellent presentation of the life of the samaurai and his obligations.

I guess I just assumed that Cruise was thrown in for comic relief. L. Ron Hubbard meets the Emperor.
                    HAHAHAHA!!!!! TOO FUNNY!

Comment

My dad thought it was the first movie that Cruise actually seemed like a totally different person.
                      The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

He defied his own chain of command, was a drunk, got the hots for the wife of the man he killed and ended up in a war defying the legal government of Japan.

What part of that is "different"?

Comment

Originally posted by MountainMan
                          He defied his own chain of command, was a drunk, got the hots for the wife of the man he killed and ended up in a war defying the legal government of Japan.

What part of that is "different"?
                          The actor not the part.... He was serious for once and not acting like a hotshot kid like 99% of his movies.... Another reason i like Minority Report...
                          The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

I think hes finnaly learned something about acting.
                            "Beneath its gilded beauty, though, there lies a poorly designed game which rewards the greedy and violent, and punishes the hardworking and honest; and if you think about it, that's a good representation of capitalism" - Nightfreeze about Eve Online

Comment

It's fun to see Tom Cruise get outacted by that Wantanabe guy, who more or less stole the whole flick.

If the movie were made today, would Captain Alghren bounce up and down on the battlefield screaming about his love for Katie Holmes?
                              "Yellowstain!"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X