reload from a previous save?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reload from a previous save?

When playing a strategy game (any strategy game) against the computer, do you reload from a previous save whenever you lose a valued unit (heavy tanks, experienced inf units, etc...) or end up suffering fairly heavy losses in a turn or do you just take the losses and continue on?

I have to admit whenever playing against the AI I do tend to reload from previous saves, I find it alot easier to learn what and what not to do in a game by doing this. Once I become a bit more experienced and start doing less stupid mistakes then that's usually when I just start taking the losses once they come.
    -----------------------------------
    Sings we a song of wolves.
    Who smells fear and slays the coward.
    Sings we a song of man.
    Who smells gold and slays his brother

Originally posted by Wolfleader
    When playing a strategy game (any strategy game) against the computer, do you reload from a previous save whenever you lose a valued unit (heavy tanks, experienced inf units, etc...) or end up suffering fairly heavy losses in a turn or do you just take the losses and continue on?

I have to admit whenever playing against the AI I do tend to reload from previous saves, I find it alot easier to learn what and what not to do in a game by doing this. Once I become a bit more experienced and start doing less stupid mistakes then that's usually when I just start taking the losses once they come.
    I usually don't, but sometimes when I'm in a straight learning mode I will. Particularly if I'm trying out a new tactic or something. A lot of times I'll save at a particular spot and finish the game. Once I'm done, I'll go back to the saved point and see what I could do different to improve myself.

Comment

Same here.

Comment

I once played a game of Civ 2 I think. Reloaded after each and every single solitary battle to ensure I never lost a single fight.

Got a score of 161%

Drove my friends crazy showing them that score for a while heheh.

But I think everyone scams a few turns in solo mode eventually.
        Life is change. Built models for decades.
        Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
        I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

I become so tired (tiredsome?) after a turn, that I don't want to do it again...
          a brain cell

Comment

For me, it is quite the opposite. I do not reload/save when I was learning the game. But when sometimes I got bored and played against AI, I am always after a perfect score---- I L/S almost every turn for multiple times ---- beating the AI is not fun at all, only beating it with 0 casualty is a bit fun
            (BTW, Les..9-1: one of my friend got his record of Civ2 score as 1200% ---- he played that single scenario for over 2 years ... )
            Attn to ALL my opponents:

If you sent me your turn and after 24 hours, you still did not get anything from me, please be sure to post in the forum to ask for what is going on.

Remember, I ALWAYS reply within 24 hours, even if I do NOT have time to play my turn, in which case I will at least send you email to tell you that I will have to play it later, but I DO receive your turn.

Comment

I remember taking 1 year to learn how to play and eventually master Janes F15 but 2 years just playing one scenario in one game?
              -----------------------------------
              Sings we a song of wolves.
              Who smells fear and slays the coward.
              Sings we a song of man.
              Who smells gold and slays his brother

Comment

I believe he was crazy and as boring as hell
                Attn to ALL my opponents:

If you sent me your turn and after 24 hours, you still did not get anything from me, please be sure to post in the forum to ask for what is going on.

Remember, I ALWAYS reply within 24 hours, even if I do NOT have time to play my turn, in which case I will at least send you email to tell you that I will have to play it later, but I DO receive your turn.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X