Galactic Civilizations???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galactic Civilizations???

Anyone played this game? Is it any good? I've read very positive reviews, but I'd be great to hear opinions from people that generally play the same games that I play.

Since I stopped playing Alpha Centarui a few years ago, there has always been a sci-fi strategy void that I've been wanting to fill. Would this fit the bill?
    ". . . those who win every battle are not really skillful--those who render other's armies helpless without fighting are the best of all." Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Originally posted by Fading Captain
    Anyone played this game? Is it any good? I've read very positive reviews, but I'd be great to hear opinions from people that generally play the same games that I play.

Since I stopped playing Alpha Centarui a few years ago, there has always been a sci-fi strategy void that I've been wanting to fill. Would this fit the bill?
    Yes, I played it for a while. It's not a true classic game, but certainly way better than Master of Orion 3. When you get into later turns, it can get a bit tedious going through various menus and screens. Just imagine it as a sort of Civilization 3. It can be fun if you put a lot of effort in it.

On the scale from 1 to 10, I would put it to 8.0. Other than that, I'm not sure if I can give you a good review of game, I haven't played it in more than a couple of months. If that's any indication of you, I don't consider this a great game like Civ 2 (not part 3) or Fallout 2 or even ACOW or CMBB!

Dan
    Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

i have played to the demo, it seems to be a good game, but i think you must have the habit to play this kind of games otherwise it will be very difficult as it is for me.
      You have a lot of panels everywhere with a lot of choice possible, also a lot of buttons this just turns me crazy

ps: cheetah, could you please come back to zimbabwee
      may be you didn't receive my turns, just let me know if so is the case.
      looking forward to the new version of toaw

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X