Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place.

Items that are gone due to a limitation of the new hosting/ forum update:
- Awards
- Flags

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie are now working.
- Color/Theme changes
- Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

One other note I have seen a lot is theme/color related items. I know this is important to all of you but at the moment the most important thing was getting you back a functioning forum with as many features I can get you back from before.

Theme/color is something we can change but it the moment I do not have the time and resources to fix all of the issue and design the site. I did do some theme updates yesterday but it is very time consuming. Please just be patient with the forum as we get it back to as close as I can to what you had before.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below. Please give me as much detail as possible .
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

Decision Rooms

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nichols
    It's awesome that we were able to start out with 14 laptops from 2008 that were supposed to be destroyed and built it into a new capability.
    That's good juju!

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral View Post
      That's good juju!

I think the MARADMIN (219/17) will be coming out tomorrow directing the distribution of the systems. The Battalion Commander was up here last week giving his 'best practices' to the class full of Cols, LtCols, and SgtMajs.

Four battalions will be getting what we are now calling the Decision Tool Kit (DTK) this month. Each month after four more battalions will be getting the DTKs.

Last December my gov boss wanted me to go to Orlando for I/ITSEC. I talked the battalion commander into going in my place.

Last night I finally loaded his brief on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7vhMvTmdUs

Comment

It's official, they launched a MARADMIN giving the details:

GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. In February, the ACMC directed the Marine Corps Rapid Capabilities Office (RCO) to rapidly replicate the small unit decision making capability conceived by innovative officers and NCOs from V26 in conjunction with the Office of Naval Research (ONR). These Tactical Decision Kits (TDK) are meant to provide a means to challenge Marines to think critically, innovate smartly, and adapt rapidly in complex environments against adaptive enemies, as described by the CMC in FRAGO 01/2016. Over the next 8 months, a TDK will be provided to each active component infantry battalion for integration, training and operational assessment.

http://www.marines.mil/News/Messages...mplementation/

Comment

The Commanding General of II MEF awarded the 'Chesty Puller' trophy today.
          Last edited by Nichols; 26 Apr 18, 23:17.

Comment

Good articles Paul!

Pruitt
            Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
              Good articles Paul!

Pruitt
              Richard,

I have never seen a unit like this before...without a doubt the best battalion in the Corps. I was in 4 infantry battalions, one of which was lead by a Medal of Honor Marine and one infantry regiment.....none of them came close to what LtCol Marcus Mainz has built.

Something that stood out to me today was listening to the units report when the battalion was called to attention. They don't report with their phonetic alphabet company designations....they report with there numeral designations from World War I.

They are coming up to Quantico in July to celebrate their 100 year Anniversary. From the most junior Marine PFC all the way up the chain...they all love the battalion.

We have heard of how people are 'groomed' in the service....I honestly think Marcus is grooming the Marine Corps.

The attached is the invitation to attend the Anniversary Dinner. I coordinated with the History Division on Quantico and they are pulling all stops to make this a major success. We are going to take a picture of the battalion within hand grenade range of a picture from the battalion in 1917. we couldn't get the exact location because there is a building on in now.

I would give just about anything to be 30 years younger and a Sergeant in 2/6 right now.

Comment

During March MCWL & TECOM sponsored the Commandant's Second Innovation Challenge. I signed up and submitted one of the first entries:

Decision Room

Submitted By: Paul Nichols

WHAT: With the fielding of the Decision Room, we need to start training the Marines how to lead training with the capability.

HOW: During the initial fielding of the DVTE, school houses used the software to run scenarios. It wasn't much different that what we did before simulations. With the Decision Room; if we create a curriculum that teaches the Marine how to conduct training with the gear instead of train on the gear, we will enable the small unit leaders to be the trainers.

WHY: The small unit leader would have responsibility to conduct training that supports the METL and increase the unitís decision making capability. Also as gear gets updated, the school house would be updating the Marines.

Out of the 253 submissions, 19 were selected and submitted for review:

Of the five first place winners, four deal with what the Decision Rooms.

The Finalist, Semi Finalist, and Honorable Mentions also contain ideas that are part of the Decision Room.

http://www.marines.mil/News/Messages...-announcement/

Comment

The first two battalions at Camp Lejeune received their Decision Tool Kits this week. Every other week until October, two battalions will get these kits until all 24 Infantry Battalions have them.

Comment

We are up to 7 battalions having received the gear.

In the mean time 2/6 took buses from Camp Lejeune to Quantico to celebrate it's 100 year Anniversary. The Marine Corps History Division gave an outstanding class today. After the class the battalion went outside to take a picture within 'hand grenade range' of where a picture was taken in 1917.

Tonight we are having a formal dinner at the Marine Corps museum. Tomorrow a Spartan Games competition focusing on the obstacle course, pugil sticks, and wrestling. A 'warrior lunch', a battle study at Chancellorsville and then the go back to Camp Lejeune.

Comment

The battalion is sending some of its Marines to help in Texas. Two ships left port yesterday.

They did take portions of their decision rooms with them to practice call for fire while in transit.

https://www.facebook.com/2dBn6thMar/...type=3&theater

Comment

The battalion has been deployed for a month now, they are doing split ARG ops:

https://www.stripes.com/news/marine-...mania-1.516441

More detail on the Israel group:

https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,...163724,00.html

Comment

Computers are a fantastic training tool in the world's military..

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's me and some of my human recruits in the Armed Assault III multiplayer online game, I tell them- "Stick with me if you want to live!"

Comment

Your tanks are too close together commander, a single strike will take them both out

Interesting thread otherwise..
                            High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.
                            Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
                              Your tanks are too close together commander, a single strike will take them both out ..
                              Tell that to these guys..-
                              Rommel- "Concentrate strength at one point.."
                              Guderian- "Punch with your fist and not with your fingers spread.."

Below: 23rd Panzer Division lunges for Stalingrad, summer 1942

Comment

"Concentrate strength at one point.."
                                Rommel didn't win the war did he

Conecentrate only IF the enemy doesn't rule the sky.
                                High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.
                                Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X