X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cicero
    replied
    Originally posted by sherlock View Post
    The pressure was more intense and everyone seemed more focused. During the one in '75, we were on fire missions or standby for 52 straight hours. That wasn't going to happen on a normal workday.
    That's pretty darn good!! I think my longest workday was 40-hours in my sophomore year of college.
    The day might have gone longer, but I didn't get any work done or anything notable accomplished after 40hrs.

Leave a comment:

• lcm1
    replied
    Originally posted by steelpot View Post
    AH! Someone with a sense of humour! lcm1

Leave a comment:

• lcm1
    replied
    Originally posted by Von Richter View Post

They might start digging in... and find lcm1's Sten Gun!
    It wouldn't be any worse than it was when it was new!!!Don't think they will find it I did a good job of burying it! lcm1
    Last edited by lcm1; 19 Oct 12, 03:39.

Leave a comment:

• sherlock
    replied
    When I was there in the mid-70's we trained within our individual units throughout the year, but when Reforger showed up on the training schedule it was something special. We were up against not only other outfits from Germany, but from CONUS as well. The pressure was more intense and everyone seemed more focused. During the one in '75, we were on fire missions or standby for 52 straight hours. That wasn't going to happen on a normal workday.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
    Talk about a blast from the past!

Yeah...it happened every year and was called REFORGER. If they haven't been training in Germany, what have they been doing?

Leave a comment:

• steelpot
    replied
    Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
    I have not yet heard of it, but sure brings back a lot of memories, some pleasant. Do you have a when and exact location. Sounds like up along the CZ/German Border. Been there done that more than once. Cold day's colder night's, gee what fun we had. It was still impressive as hell when attached to an armor unit.
    Or a Mechanized Infantry unit!!

Other than driving down Motor Pool Rd. at Ft. Hood and looking at the armored vehicles in the motor pools for the 2nd AD, 1st Cav & 6th ACR, the most impressive sight I saw was Reforger '80(from Ft. Hood) when the final assualt was launched. We came out of the tree line and all I saw were Tanks and APCs from the U.S, British & German armies, as far as the eye could see in either direction racing towards the enemy. AWESOME!!

Leave a comment:

• steelpot
    replied
    Originally posted by lcm1 View Post
    Ah,you should have been here in 44/45, great fun! lcm1

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    I have not yet heard of it, but sure brings back a lot of memories, some pleasant. Do you have a when and exact location. Sounds like up along the CZ/German Border. Been there done that more than once. Cold day's colder night's, gee what fun we had. It was still impressive as hell when attached to an armor unit.

Leave a comment:

• Von Richter
    replied
    Originally posted by lcm1 View Post
    They might start digging in... and find lcm1's Sten Gun!

Leave a comment:

• lcm1
    replied
    Originally posted by GCoyote View Post

Leave a comment:

• US Army Rolls Across German Countryside Once More

For the first time in more than two decades, American armored vehicles will travel across farmland as part of a massive force-on-force exercise that stretches between major Army training areas. Dubbed “Saber Junction” and expected to involve more than 6,000 soldiers from the U.S. and other NATO nations, the exercise harkens back to a Cold War era of training when civilian land sometimes played a role. ...

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X