An Old Marine Recalls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Old Marine Recalls

In 1953 I was a 20 yr old Squad leader with Charlie Co. , 1st Marines , in charge of a Light- machine gun squad , in combat on and off the Jamestown line , from the area near Bunker Hill , OP Heddy and Esther , to the tail end of the last Marine battle to hold Boulder City , the last of the Nevada Cities battles , which was held and where we received word of the cease fire .

Originally posted by widowmaker View Post
    In 1953 I was a 20 yr old Squad leader with Charlie Co. , 1st Marines , in charge of a Light- machine gun squad , in combat on and off the Jamestown line , from the area near Bunker Hill , OP Heddy and Esther , to the tail end of the last Marine battle to hold Boulder City , the last of the Nevada Cities battles , which was held and where we received word of the cease fire .
    Thank you for doing such a good job in such a dirty war!. Some of us do remember and honor your hard work and sacrifice.
    "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

Welcome to the forums.

Thank you for your service and sharing a little bit of your experiance.
      It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.-George S. Patton

Comment

ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Thank you!!!
          Freedom is not Free it has cost millions of lives to obtain it and to hold on to it will cost even more lives of the willing and the brave!!

Comment

My father and uncle were both marines........former in WW2........uncle was 1st marine and I know he was at Chosin........salute to you sir

Comment

Welcome and thanks.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X