Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which squadrons flew from USS Wasp during..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which squadrons flew from USS Wasp during..

Hi,

Not really sure if this is the appropriate place for this question but im sure admin will move this post otherwise,

Im wanting to know which Usn squadrons were either stationed on or flew from USS wasp during the Korean war?

Im currently putting together a 50's Korean war themed patch collection together to sew onto a vintage jacket & I'm trying to be as historically accurate with the patch's all tying in together as possible.

If anyone has any details please let me know,

Thank you and godbless!

si.

Originally posted by viceman82 View Post
    Hi,
    Im wanting to know which Usn squadrons were either stationed on or flew from USS wasp during the Korean war?
    From what I've been able to gather, I don't believe the Wasp (CV-18) served in Korean waters during the war. She was an Atlantic Fleet carrier at the time.

Cheers,
    Dan.

So long as men worship the Caesars and Napoleons, Caesars and Napoleons will duly rise and make them miserable.

Aldous Huxley: Ends and Means (1937)

Comment

Agree with Dan...looky here for deployments and embarked squadrons.

http://navysite.de/cv/cv18deploy.htm
      Skip

Comment

Could have sworn wiki wrote that she served as part of task force 77? during the conflict?

Can anyone suggest a carrier with Usn squadron more suitable to base a themed jacket on?

Comment

Originally posted by viceman82 View Post
          Could have sworn wiki wrote that she served as part of task force 77? during the conflict?

Can anyone suggest a carrier with Usn squadron more suitable to base a themed jacket on?
          USS Oriskany CV-34 might be a good
          choice.

USS Essex CV-9

USS Philippine Seas CV-47

Of them listed above; I'd go with USS Oriskany.
          Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

Yes the Oriskany was another choice of mine, it's just finding period naval patches that tie in with this carrier & conflict that is the problem. Thank the lord for ebay! hehe

cheers guys.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X