Images of the Korean War.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Images of the Korean War.

I was looking around the Historical Events area of the forums and noticed that most of the other topics such as World War I, World War II, Vietnam, and etc. had some type of thread for Images, but not the Korean War, so I thought we should have one.

A Sherman tank fires on an enemy bunker – May 11, 1952.

Machine gun crew.
    "There is no justice among men."- Tsar Nicholas II

“People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” - Otto Von Bismarck

"It is always easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them." - Alfred Adler

Iconic.Napalm attack on train.

It is always more difficult to fight against faith than against knowledge.

Косово је Србија!
    Never go to war with a country whose national holiday celebrates a defeat in 1389.

Armored Brigade

Armored Brigade Facebook page

Comment

Inchon Invasion, September 1950 First Lieutenant Baldomero Lopez, USMC, leads the 3rd Platoon, Company A, 1st Battalion, 5th Marines over the seawall on the northern side of Red Beach, as the second assault wave lands.

North Korean Army tank regiment
      "There is no justice among men."- Tsar Nicholas II

“People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” - Otto Von Bismarck

"It is always easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them." - Alfred Adler

Comment

Low Density War

I have posted two blogs on the Korean War part 2. 1966 to 1969. Korea has continued to cost lives ever since the 'cease fire'. My sister was an Army nurse there from 1966-67 and I was there in 1968-69.
        That's where I learned you weren't 'safe' until you go back to the states.

Comment

ROK soldiers dump empty shell casings after the Battle of Triangle Hill.

From the same battle, American flame throwers advance on enemy bunkers.
          You, the mothers, who sent their sons from faraway countries wipe away your tears; your sons are now lying in our bosom and are in peace, after having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well.

-- Ataturk

Comment

Below is a link to a thread that has several dozen pictures that my uncle came home from Korea with, don't know from what source. Anyway, I would be very interested in any comments about anything that strikes you about the pictures, the tanks, what the men were carrying, what the geography of the picture suggests, etc. etc.?

Great idea for the thread, Vassilli!

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=108743

Comment

Working...
            X