Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HIST 119: The Civil War and Reconstruction Era, 1845-1877

http://oyc.yale.edu/history/civil-wa.../sessions.html

Complete OpenYale course consisting of 27 recorded lectures by Professor David W. Blight.

This course explores the causes, course, and consequences of the American Civil War, from the 1840s to 1877. The primary goal of the course is to understand the multiple meanings of a transforming event in American history. Those meanings may be defined in many ways: national, sectional, racial, constitutional, individual, social, intellectual, or moral. Four broad themes are closely examined: the crisis of union and disunion in an expanding republic; slavery, race, and emancipation as national problem, personal experience, and social process; the experience of modern, total war for individuals and society; and the political and social challenges of Reconstruction.

Edit: This course is absolutely FREE.
    Last edited by Notch; 23 Apr 10, 17:21.
    Civil War in Missouri and Kansas
    If I cared for my life I would have lost it long ago; wanting to lose it I cannot throw it away.-- William T. "Bloody Bill" Anderson

When I first saw this I was like, meh......I can't afford Yale anyhow. But clicking on the link I see that it is an OPEN course that anyone can read or listen to the lectures & such. Very interesting & I may have to read/listen through it.
    The muffled drums sad roll has beat the soldier's last tatoo. No more on life's parade shall meet that brave and fallen few.

Comment

Hmmmmm!

BoRG
      "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

Regards,
        Dennis
        If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X