Scourge of War Gettysburg Has Been Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scourge of War Gettysburg Has Been Released

Scourge of War Gettysburg, a new Gettysburg game somewhat similar to Sid Meier's Gettysburg, has been released for purchase.

The game has been created by, Norb Timpko, the same developer who worked on Take Command: 2nd Manassas. I worked on the Order of Battle for the game, including armament , unit strengths, and unit and leader ratings. The latter two were changed a bit once the scenario creation started to ensure a good gaming experience. Larry Tagg, the author of several books on Gettysburg, was also involved in the process.

Scourge of War Gettysburg features multiplayer action too, on one side vs. the AI or vs. each other. Go check it out and let me know what you think!
    Brett S.

The Siege of Petersburg Online
    TOCWOC - A Civil War Blog

Here's the official press release:

March 28, 2010
    Scourge of War - Gettysburg goes GOLD!

Norb Software Development, Inc. announces that "Scourge of War - Gettysburg" has been released and is available for immediate purchase. The game can be purchased by download only and is available for the price of $44.99. The game is available here: http://www.ScourgeofWar.com.

The game may be downloaded and used in Demo mode for free. Demo mode provides the player with one single-player and one multi-player scenario. The MP scenario can only be played against other players in Demo mode.

The full version of the game may be unlocked at any time by purchasing an activation code at: http://www.ScourgeofWar.com. The full version of the game includes 20 historical and alternate history single player scenarios. There are 11 multi-player historical scenarios as well. Also supplied are five tutorial scenarios to provide training for the new player. The game also includes a Sandbox Battles mode to generate an endless number of single-player or multi-player battles.

NorbSoftDev is a group of independent game developers dedicated to recreating history through computer games. Their current title Gettysburg aims to bring the Battle of Gettysburg to life through accurate maps, battle recreation, and a historic ambiance. This game brings the player into those fateful days of July that gave the Union their greatest victory and marked the turning point of the Civil War.

Company website: http://www.ScourgeofWar.com.
    Additional information: [email protected]
    Brett S.

The Siege of Petersburg Online
    TOCWOC - A Civil War Blog

Comment

I'll be downloading my copy tonight. Loved TC2M and can't wait to play this game !
      "I hope to live long enough to see my surviving comrades march side by side with the Union veterans along Pennsylvania Avenue, and then I will die happy."

General James Longstreet at a Memorial Day Parade in 1902

Comment

If you guys have the game and are interested in an online league for it where we'll be fighting as North vs South, come join up, league just started and we are taking members!

http://cw21.forummotion.com/

Comment

I just got the game and its alot of fun so far. Havent had much time to put into it but looking forward to more. I did manage to get in one multiplayer game and it was great! In my opinion there is great potential if they can refine the MP systems a little bit.

Thanks for looking!!

Comment

I'll download the demo & give it a try. To this day, Gettysburg & Antietam, both by Sid Meir, are my fave Civil War games.
            The muffled drums sad roll has beat the soldier's last tatoo. No more on life's parade shall meet that brave and fallen few.

Comment

Originally posted by hellboy30 View Post
              I'll download the demo & give it a try. To this day, Gettysburg & Antietam, both by Sid Meir, are my fave Civil War games.

They were also my favorite ACW games before TC2M and now this Gettysburg game. These games are alot of fun and very accurate. And with the very active modding community the possibities are endless. Let us know what you think of the demo.

Thanks for looking!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X