Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shameless Self-Promotion Redux

Gang,

My new book, titled The Battle of Brandy Station: North America's Greatest Cavalry Battle, is out! It was published by The History Press, and I got my copies today. It features Steve Stanley's excellent maps, and I'm very pleased with the final product.

Please forgive the shameless self-promotion, but enough of you have expressed interest in it that I thought I should let you all know that it's now available.

Eric
    "If you want to have some fun, jine the cavalry"

Maj. Gen. James Ewell Brown Stuart

Nothing to be ashamed of Eric, this is one of the great thing with ACG, getting a chance to interact with noted military historians

Here's the book cover:

And an interview with Eric about it:

http://www.civilwar.org/battlefields...interview.html

Comment

I have some birthday money coming to me in about a month & will have to order this!

Thanks Eric!!!!
      The muffled drums sad roll has beat the soldier's last tatoo. No more on life's parade shall meet that brave and fallen few.

Comment

Thanks for posting that pic, Boon. I really appreciate it. I'm proud of this one. I've been gathering material on Brandy Station for 15 years, and it's nice to see that hard work come to fruition.

Jon, no--thank you. I hope you enjoy it.

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Wittenberg View Post
          Thanks for posting that pic, Boon. I really appreciate it. I'm proud of this one. I've been gathering material on Brandy Station for 15 years, and it's nice to see that hard work come to fruition.

Jon, no--thank you. I hope you enjoy it.

Eric
          Eric,

Like Hellboy, its on my "to buy" list. I will always treasure my day of "riding shotgun" with you around the Brandy Station battlefield. Its too bad you probably couldn't include your Sam Elliot stories as part of the book.

Lance
          Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Lance,

LOL. That would have been a little inappropriate. :-)

Eric

Comment

Great Timing

Eric,
              I have been on a WW1&2 kick latley and I'm currently reading Flight From Monticello. But I just pre-ordered your Brandy Station book on B&N with a gift card that I have had. Can't wait to read it. I will be making my annual trek to Virginia later this summer this will help put me in the right frame of mind . Thanks for what you do.
              General Lee These men behind you are Georgians and Virginians. They have never failed you and will not fail you here. Lee to the rear. General John B. Gordon

May 12th 1864 In the Bloody Angle Spotsylvania C.H

Comment

Originally posted by 61st Ga View Post
                Eric,
                I have been on a WW1&2 kick latley and I'm currently reading Flight From Monticello. But I just pre-ordered your Brandy Station book on B&N with a gift card that I have had. Can't wait to read it. I will be making my annual trek to Virginia later this summer this will help put me in the right frame of mind . Thanks for what you do.
                What a great idea. I have a B&N gift card sitting in my drawer. This will be a perfect opportunity to use it.

Eric, I look forward to reading it.

Edit - Its ordered.
                Last edited by The Ibis; 19 Mar 10, 10:01.

Comment

Thanks, guys. I hope you both enjoy it, and I will look forward to hearing your comments.

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Wittenberg View Post
                    Thanks, guys. I hope you both enjoy it, and I will look forward to hearing your comments.

Eric
                    Eric, is it a stand alone work, or is extensive knowledge about pre-Brandy Station cavalry operations a pre-requisite? Most of what I know about cavalry during the war comes from either bios of commanders or more general studies of campaigns or battles where cavalry operations were a component. Will that be sufficient or should I do some more advance reading to more fully appreciate this book?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by The Ibis View Post
                      Eric, is it a stand alone work, or is extensive knowledge about pre-Brandy Station cavalry operations a pre-requisite? Most of what I know about cavalry during the war comes from either bios of commanders or more general studies of campaigns or battles where cavalry operations were a component. Will that be sufficient or should I do some more advance reading to more fully appreciate this book?

Thanks
                      It's definitely a stand alone work, and you should have no problems with reading it and understanding it.

Eric

Comment

Best of luck to your book Eric! I have little doubt it will do well.
                        Civil War in Missouri and Kansas
                        If I cared for my life I would have lost it long ago; wanting to lose it I cannot throw it away.-- William T. "Bloody Bill" Anderson

Comment

I had Kolakowski's Perryville book, as well as well as Knight's Franklin book from the series, so I went to place an order for your book Eric on Amazon and it is already temporarily out of stock- congrats!

I would also like to commend all the work you've done over the years in CW battlefield preservation.

Comment

Blade,

It's temporarily out of stock because Amazon hasn't gotten them into the warehouse yet. :-)

Thanks for your kind words about my preservation work. It's a cause I ardently believe in, and because I'm not able to write huge checks, I instead try to contribute in other ways.

Eric

Comment

Eric,

Barnes & Noble just cancelled my order. Has there been a delay in shipment?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X