Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beauvoir Bombed

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Beauvoir Bombed

    Gentlemen, bad news, reported by the Tennessee Division, Sons of Confederate Veterans.

    Gentlemen
    Saturday morning at approximately 6AM some one firebombed Jefferson Davis's last home (Beauvoir) in Biloxi, Mississippi. Damage was contained to the front door and porch. Just thought I would let you know since the news organizations have failed to mention this act of hate.
    Danny Hoxie
    camp 215


    JS
    Barcsi János ispán vezérőrnagy
    Time Magazine's Person of the Year for 2003 & 2006


    "Never pet a burning dog."

    RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:
    http://www.mormon.org
    http://www.sca.org
    http://www.scv.org/
    http://www.scouting.org/

  • #2
    Can I show my ignorance and ask who this man was, and why this act might have taken place?

    Sorry.

    Dr. S.
    Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

    www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

    www.tabletown.co.uk

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Doctor Sinister
      Can I show my ignorance and ask who this man was, and why this act might have taken place?

      Sorry.

      Dr. S.
      Jefferson Davis was the first and only President of the Confederacy. Why the attack happened? You'll have to ask the arsonist/bomber.

      Cheers!


      :armed:
      Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

      "I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

      What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

      Comment


      • #4
        What could they have possibly hoped to accomplish, except **** some people off.
        Retreat hell, we just got here. Every Marine, a rifleman.

        Never let the facts get in the way of the truth.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Beauvoir Bombed

          Originally posted by Janos
          Gentlemen, bad news, reported by the Tennessee Division, Sons of Confederate Veterans.

          Gentlemen
          Saturday morning at approximately 6AM some one firebombed Jefferson Davis's last home (Beauvoir) in Biloxi, Mississippi. Damage was contained to the front door and porch. Just thought I would let you know since the news organizations have failed to mention this act of hate.
          Danny Hoxie
          camp 215


          JS
          It looks like yet another terrorist act trying to create a North/South schism in the US.
          Lance W.

          Peace through superior firepower.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Beauvoir Bombed

            Originally posted by Janos
            Gentlemen, bad news, reported by the Tennessee Division, Sons of Confederate Veterans.

            Gentlemen
            Saturday morning at approximately 6AM some one firebombed Jefferson Davis's last home (Beauvoir) in Biloxi, Mississippi. Damage was contained to the front door and porch. Just thought I would let you know since the news organizations have failed to mention this act of hate.
            Danny Hoxie
            camp 215


            JS
            That's disgusting. And what's almost as bad is the total lack of coverage by the media. If MLK's home had been bombed like this, the media would have been all over it. I'd like to think its because of all the Ronald Reagan coverage that it slipped through. But I doubt it.
            "Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for"
            "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching"

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Re: Beauvoir Bombed

              Originally posted by GeorgiaDixie
              That's disgusting. And what's almost as bad is the total lack of coverage by the media. If MLK's home had been bombed like this, the media would have been all over it. I'd like to think its because of all the Ronald Reagan coverage that it slipped through. But I doubt it.
              GeorgiaDixie, I think you know as well as I do that they'd publish a blank newspaper before they print a report on a crime like this.

              JS
              Barcsi János ispán vezérőrnagy
              Time Magazine's Person of the Year for 2003 & 2006


              "Never pet a burning dog."

              RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:
              http://www.mormon.org
              http://www.sca.org
              http://www.scv.org/
              http://www.scouting.org/

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Doctor Sinister
                Can I show my ignorance and ask who this man was, and why this act might have taken place?

                Sorry.

                Dr. S.
                Doc:

                There is a cultural war going on in the US right now. Signs and symbols of the old South are being erased.

                Normally this is done peacefully, by changing the name of a school or a road, or changing a state flag. This is never done through the electoral process, because the majority does not support it. Instead it is done by fiat, behind closed doors. (GeorgiaDixie -- how many state flags has Georgia had in the last 5 years? 3? And the issue is still up in the air.)

                Sometimes it is done through coercion, where people boycott a state or a business, people are told they'll be fired if they have a Confederate flag on their lunchbox, or they stage a letter-writing campaign.

                Less frequently, it is done through violence, where a man is killed for having a Confederate flag on his truck, a statue is dynamited, or a house is firebombed.

                It's a sad thing and a horrible state of affairs. I guess in the UK, if they said that all the kings before William and Mary were evil, and went back and changed all of the names of everything named after kings before them, or fired you for supporting Richard II, or killed you if you had a "Normans 1, Saxons 0" bumpersticker on your car, that would be comparable.

                JS
                Barcsi János ispán vezérőrnagy
                Time Magazine's Person of the Year for 2003 & 2006


                "Never pet a burning dog."

                RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:
                http://www.mormon.org
                http://www.sca.org
                http://www.scv.org/
                http://www.scouting.org/

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Janos
                  Doc:

                  There is a cultural war going on in the US right now. Signs and symbols of the old South are being erased.

                  Normally this is done peacefully, by changing the name of a school or a road, or changing a state flag. This is never done through the electoral process, because the majority does not support it. Instead it is done by fiat, behind closed doors. (GeorgiaDixie -- how many state flags has Georgia had in the last 5 years? 3? And the issue is still up in the air.)

                  Sometimes it is done through coercion, where people boycott a state or a business, people are told they'll be fired if they have a Confederate flag on their lunchbox, or they stage a letter-writing campaign.

                  Less frequently, it is done through violence, where a man is killed for having a Confederate flag on his truck, a statue is dynamited, or a house is firebombed.

                  It's a sad thing and a horrible state of affairs. I guess in the UK, if they said that all the kings before William and Mary were evil, and went back and changed all of the names of everything named after kings before them, or fired you for supporting Richard II, or killed you if you had a "Normans 1, Saxons 0" bumpersticker on your car, that would be comparable.

                  JS
                  Great explanation, Janos. And we've had 3 flags in 3 years! The first two times it was just changed by the legislature, the first was pushed through by Governor "King Roy" Barnes in a week behind closed doors. Then we had another flag and we voted back in March on whether we wanted the 2001-03 flag or the new flag. They didn't give us a choice to go back to the old flag, the Confederate battle flag (which was wrongly referred to as the stars and bars so many times I just stopped getting annoyed by it). They didn't let us vote because they knew the majority of Georgians (outside of Yankee-land, Atlanta, that is) would vote the old flag in, despite what all the outsiders threatened. You think an old farmer in South GA cares about some tourist business up in Atlanta? No, but he does know what that old flag represents. Our current flag is actually almost exactly the stars and bars, except for it has the Georgia seal in the middle of the 13 stars in the left corner. Its pretty good, considering we had possibly the ugliest flag in the world for two years.
                  "Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for"
                  "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Re: Beauvoir Bombed

                    Originally posted by GeorgiaDixie
                    That's disgusting. And what's almost as bad is the total lack of coverage by the media. If MLK's home had been bombed like this, the media would have been all over it. I'd like to think its because of all the Ronald Reagan coverage that it slipped through. But I doubt it.
                    If MLK's house was bombed it should be on the news, he righted a huge wrong. Jeff Davis, my God, he tried to keep that wrong going.

                    I am sorry history has to be volated, we need to have these things so we can never forget and never let it happen again. Such as the slave quarters at some platations need to be redone and kept. We must never forget.

                    BigMik1
                    "Cry Havoc!! and let slip the dogs of war!!!"
                    -Mark Anthony in Willam Shakespeare "Julius Caesar" (1599)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Janos
                      Doc:

                      There is a cultural war going on in the US right now. Signs and symbols of the old South are being erased.

                      Normally this is done peacefully, by changing the name of a school or a road, or changing a state flag. This is never done through the electoral process, because the majority does not support it. Instead it is done by fiat, behind closed doors. (GeorgiaDixie -- how many state flags has Georgia had in the last 5 years? 3? And the issue is still up in the air.)

                      Sometimes it is done through coercion, where people boycott a state or a business, people are told they'll be fired if they have a Confederate flag on their lunchbox, or they stage a letter-writing campaign.

                      Less frequently, it is done through violence, where a man is killed for having a Confederate flag on his truck, a statue is dynamited, or a house is firebombed.

                      It's a sad thing and a horrible state of affairs. I guess in the UK, if they said that all the kings before William and Mary were evil, and went back and changed all of the names of everything named after kings before them, or fired you for supporting Richard II, or killed you if you had a "Normans 1, Saxons 0" bumpersticker on your car, that would be comparable.

                      JS

                      Last time I saw a history book the CSA lost a Civil War.......I think that time can rest and we move on. I think that is a part of the problem. The REBELS lost and we as a nation still has this wound that won't heal.

                      BigMik1
                      "Cry Havoc!! and let slip the dogs of war!!!"
                      -Mark Anthony in Willam Shakespeare "Julius Caesar" (1599)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Re: Re: Beauvoir Bombed

                        Originally posted by BigMik1
                        If MLK's house was bombed it should be on the news, he righted a huge wrong. Jeff Davis, my God, he tried to keep that wrong going.

                        I am sorry history has to be volated, we need to have these things so we can never forget and never let it happen again. Such as the slave quarters at some platations need to be redone and kept. We must never forget.

                        BigMik1
                        So you think firebombing his house was a good thing?

                        JS
                        Barcsi János ispán vezérőrnagy
                        Time Magazine's Person of the Year for 2003 & 2006


                        "Never pet a burning dog."

                        RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:
                        http://www.mormon.org
                        http://www.sca.org
                        http://www.scv.org/
                        http://www.scouting.org/

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by BigMik1
                          Last time I saw a history book the CSA lost a Civil War.......I think that time can rest and we move on. I think that is a part of the problem. The REBELS lost and we as a nation still has this wound that won't heal.

                          BigMik1
                          Do you feel that firebombing the man's house is a healing step? I am eager, as many people are, to honor my ancestor's service (I which you have made clear elsewhere you despise), but not to restore slavery or any other evil from the past. Those who refuse to let it rest are those who feel that everything past must be washed away or destroyed. I feel that it's wrong, whether it's a monument to Geo Washington, Ulysses Grant, R E Lee. or even (God forbid!) Jefferson Davis, to destroy it because you don't like it.

                          JS
                          Barcsi János ispán vezérőrnagy
                          Time Magazine's Person of the Year for 2003 & 2006


                          "Never pet a burning dog."

                          RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:
                          http://www.mormon.org
                          http://www.sca.org
                          http://www.scv.org/
                          http://www.scouting.org/

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by GeorgiaDixie
                            Great explanation, Janos. And we've had 3 flags in 3 years! The first two times it was just changed by the legislature, the first was pushed through by Governor "King Roy" Barnes in a week behind closed doors. Then we had another flag and we voted back in March on whether we wanted the 2001-03 flag or the new flag. They didn't give us a choice to go back to the old flag, the Confederate battle flag (which was wrongly referred to as the stars and bars so many times I just stopped getting annoyed by it). They didn't let us vote because they knew the majority of Georgians (outside of Yankee-land, Atlanta, that is) would vote the old flag in, despite what all the outsiders threatened. You think an old farmer in South GA cares about some tourist business up in Atlanta? No, but he does know what that old flag represents. Our current flag is actually almost exactly the stars and bars, except for it has the Georgia seal in the middle of the 13 stars in the left corner. Its pretty good, considering we had possibly the ugliest flag in the world for two years.
                            I'll probably be thrown out of the SCV for this, but I kind of like the new flag, given that the 1956 flag is gone forever. It brings in the history of the State very well, I think. I just wish the whole thing had been handled better, but past is past.

                            JS
                            Barcsi János ispán vezérőrnagy
                            Time Magazine's Person of the Year for 2003 & 2006


                            "Never pet a burning dog."

                            RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:
                            http://www.mormon.org
                            http://www.sca.org
                            http://www.scv.org/
                            http://www.scouting.org/

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Janos
                              I'll probably be thrown out of the SCV for this, but I kind of like the new flag, given that the 1956 flag is gone forever. It brings in the history of the State very well, I think. I just wish the whole thing had been handled better, but past is past.

                              JS
                              I agree with you that the current flag is the next best thing to the '56 flag. Its a great deal better than the flag we had in 01-03. That thing was generic and ugly. At least this one still has some history and is pleasing to the eye. Its a good compromise, though I wish we had been able to vote on all three flags. As you said past is past, but we can still punish those legislators who allowed this stuff to happen. And it was the Democratically controlled House, though many suburban Republicans were just as bad. The flag flap is part of the reason Governor Barnes was defeated back in 2002. So the past is still affecting us heavily today.
                              "Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for"
                              "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching"

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X