Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Final Campaign of the Army of Tennessee (Lecture)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Final Campaign of the Army of Tennessee (Lecture)

The Final Campaign of the Army of Tennessee
    I watched this lecture today on YouTube and found it informative, it goes into the challenges Johnston faced as he was called on to defend the Carolinas, and sheds more light on the plight and condition of the Confederate soldiers, some just kids pressed into service as a last ditch attempt to stem the tide. Johnston knew his situation was dire, but his greatest challenge was convincing politicians and a few military leaders it was time to throw in the towel.
    Enjoy
    https://youtu.be/mx6fbD8KWN0
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

The Bentonville battlefield is not far from where I live, and for years because it was a state historic site, no union markers/monuments were allowed. Typical.

I was involved in doing a staff ride there and it was a lot of fun and informative. One conclusion that we arrived at was that Sherman was not a very good tactician...
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Lots of rain here today, so it will be a good time to give the lecture a lesson. We visited the field on one of our road trips a few years ago, and I see signs for it on I-95 on my trips to hunting camp each year. Probably worth a return visit, with more time spent learning about the events there.

Regards,
      Dennis
      If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
        The Bentonville battlefield is not far from where I live, and for years because it was a state historic site, no union markers/monuments were allowed. Typical.

I was involved in doing a staff ride there and it was a lot of fun and informative. One conclusion that we arrived at was that Sherman was not a very good tactician...
        I live nearby too... cool.
        SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X