• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Books of note in my library:

-Shelby Footes three part narrative
    -American Uyleses
    -Emory Thomas Lee Bio
    -Civil War Times photographic civil war history (two parts)
    -American Heritage Civil War
    -Pullens 20th Maine

Probably have another 20 books I've never really opened...also have regimental histories from ancestors.

Comment

At the risk of looking like I'm circling the question, the ideal number really depends on what you are doing with your collection. Since my interest is research and I don't know what aspect of the war will catch my interest next, my own answer is everything the budget, the shelves, the hard drive, and the wife, will bear. This includes some sources which are really badly done since the question may be "why are some sources badly done?". I couldn't read everything in my possession in three life-times, but keep it so that when a question bothers me I have a good chance at accessing an answer(s). And when I can't find it, there is the forum and friends. Ask yourself what you want out of your collection, and that is your answer.
      "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
        Robi P.
        by casanova
        The Austrian soldier Toni P. of the Radetzky barack in Horn Nether Austria was forced by his commander to make an march with his comrades in 3th August...
        Today, 02:27
      • casanova
        Beirut
        by casanova
        Gigantic explosion in the city of Beirut. 70 people were killed and 2750 men were heavy hurted. The explosion was like atomic bomb. The cause of that...
        Today, 00:47
      • casanova
        Nuclear battleheads.
        by casanova
        A secret UNO report declares, that North Korea owns already nuclear battleheads for tactical rockets....
        Yesterday, 23:58
      Working...
      X