The 'New' Book on McClellan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 'New' Book on McClellan

I wonder when this book will actually come out?

https://www.amazon.com/Too-Useful-Sa...s=books&sr=1-2
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Originally posted by Massena View Post
    I wonder when this book will actually come out?

https://www.amazon.com/Too-Useful-Sa...s=books&sr=1-2

Thanks for the heads up. Books that will tell the truth about Mac, great lol.

Comment

After playing the civil war over and over I've come to a conclusion, most Union officers bad, banish them to the most remote fort to play cards for the rest of the war. I play this and its a very good game. https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/2081/civil-war

Brutal though, you have to roll dice on each battle to stay alive and get a promotion. Its quite a eloquent game and you'll spend about two to three months playing it at a frenetic pace.
      Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Sic Semper Tyran View Post

Thanks for the heads up. Books that will tell the truth about Mac, great lol.
        Truth?! Nonsense, a different perspective perhaps, but don't stretch the bounds of credulity by proclaiming an opinion to be truth.

Regards,
        Dennis
        If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Originally posted by D1J1 View Post

Truth?! Nonsense, a different perspective perhaps, but don't stretch the bounds of credulity by proclaiming an opinion to be truth.

Regards,
          Dennis

ease up a bit, I was half joking with the title of my other thread. But at the same time it will contain information that many books on him will not. Thus allowing all of history to be told and thus the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
            After playing the civil war over and over I've come to a conclusion, most Union officers bad, banish them to the most remote fort to play cards for the rest of the war. I play this and its a very good game. https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/2081/civil-war

Brutal though, you have to roll dice on each battle to stay alive and get a promotion. Its quite a eloquent game and you'll spend about two to three months playing it at a frenetic pace.

If you like cpu games here is a great one.

http://www.ageod.com/products/500/details/Civil.War.II

Comment

Originally posted by Sic Semper Tyran View Post

ease up a bit, I was half joking with the title of my other thread. But at the same time it will contain information that many books on him will not. Thus allowing all of history to be told and thus the truth.
              And what is the 'truth' about McClellan? Perhaps you can enlighten all of us. Or, are you going to support him merely because he, like you, didn't like Lincoln at all.
              Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

And what is the 'truth' about McClellan? Perhaps you can enlighten all of us. Or, are you going to support him merely because he, like you, didn't like Lincoln at all.

In time my dear friend.

Comment

65307896_2232637576773220_8600611833453215744_o.jpg
                  The author has just stated that the print run began today, and it is due on shelves on 15th August. Attached is the cover sleeve.
                  "[T]he worst that could be said of the Peninsula campaign was that thus far it had not been successful. To make it a failure was reserved for the agency of General Halleck." -Emory Upton

Comment

How long has it been since the book was first announced?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X