Okay guys, a small favor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay guys, a small favor

I've been asked by the head of the Oxford Publishing Company to review Battle Cry of Freedom by James M. MsPherson. The reason why is because he came across my Civil War blog and saw what I had down. He even has promised me a free copy of the most updated copy they have. But, he has two conditions:

1. I inform him immediatly before I post it.

2. I get 20 people to vouch for my Civil War knowledge to prove that I am qualified to give a good review on the book.

I asked him if I could compile them from this forum and he says yes. So, would 20 people be willing to do so? I will be most grateful.
    History of War Podcast

Episode 1: Why Study Military History?

I have always been impressed with your Civil War knowledge and your excellent communication skills.
    Eric Weider
    Publisher
    Armchair General Magazine
    Weider History Group

Comment

I think that 1st one should be worth 20+.

Ironman has posted many interesting, informative and well researched pieces. He has shown little bias in what he has written and present balanced articles. I would consider him very qualified for the project.

HP
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

I believe Iron Brigade to be quite knowledgeable in Civil War subjects, and a fine writer. He's demonstrated these traits many times, and can always be counted on to provide good and accurate information.

Ham
        Semper Fi
        Doug

Comment

Iron Brigade has shown many times his knowledge on the Civil War, plus an excellent writer.
          SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Iron Brigade has shown himself to be very knowledgable of American Civil War history and has demonstrated a great knack for writing.
            Texas, where we have the death penalty and aren't afraid to use it!

Comment

Well tell him that a retired Officer of the United States and a former educator (collegiate and military)and a historical scholar; for nearly 40 years says "ya good to go." Ya knowledge remains not only impressive but as measured in my experience well above your peers.

Knock em dead.

best
              CV

Comment

CV, I have to agree, you know your stuff pretty good, especially considering you are not a Navy Chief!
                Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
                Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

I concur.....good knowledge & excellent writing skills.

Inspected by #51
                  The muffled drums sad roll has beat the soldier's last tatoo. No more on life's parade shall meet that brave and fallen few.

Comment

I think that you would make an excellent contribution with a book review, especially considering your knowledge and passion for the Civil War Era. Highly recommended.
                    Just like children sleeping, we can dream this night away... ~NY

Comment

High praise indeed, especially considering the distinguished participants on this forum. But it is deserved as you definitely know your material.

Comment

Adam,

You have my endorsement. I have been reading that three book set and am still looking for where he slams Slavery. If you notice it, let me know.

Pruitt
                        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Adam, your depth of knowledge of Civil War History is aptly and professionally presented through your excellent, writing abilities. Your presentation will make a fine and glowing addition to that book.
                          "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Brigade View Post
                            I've been asked by the head of the Oxford Publishing Company to review Battle Cry of Freedom by James M. MsPherson.
                            2. I get 20 people to vouch for my Civil War knowledge to prove that I am qualified to give a good review on the book.
                            To whom it may concern,

I have had the pleasant opportunity to observe Mr. Brigade, as a fellow member of a thriving history forum called, Armchair General.

Mr. Brigade's interest in military history covers a broad spectrum. Of particular note is that he seems to reflect a broad knowledge and passion for the American Civil War.

He represents what having an interest in history and the Civil War is all about. He will excel in evaluating your book.

Sincerely,

Slug
                            Last edited by Slug; 30 Nov 07, 22:44.
                            "Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

I've been asked by the head of the Oxford Publishing Company to review Battle Cry of Freedom by James M. MsPherson. The reason why is because he came across my Civil War blog and saw what I had down. He even has promised me a free copy of the most updated copy they have. But, he has two conditions:

1. I inform him immediatly before I post it.

I asked him if I could compile them from this forum and he says yes. So, would 20 people be willing to do so? I will be most grateful.
                              Adam's knowledge of the War Between the States is exceptional. It's clear that he knows the subject from deep research and even better, understanding, of the war and how it was fought.
                              Barcsi János ispán vezérőrnagy
                              Time Magazine's Person of the Year for 2003 & 2006

"Never pet a burning dog."

RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:
                              http://www.mormon.org
                              http://www.sca.org
                              http://www.scv.org/
                              http://www.scouting.org/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X