Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reenactment Comes to the Midwest!

From Yahoo News:

Civil War battles will come to life next year in the metro.

The Kansas City Rotary Club announced Thursday that the largest Civil War re-enactment ever staged in the metro area will be held next May. The event, called Stand of Colors, will be a fundraiser for the Rotary's youth camp. More than 1,200 re-enactors are expected to take part in battles on 400 acres at Jerry Smith Farm Park. The Battle of Westport will be one of the campaigns that will be re-created.

"There are a lot of junior high students in the metropolitan area who spend their year studying the Civil War. We are going to bring it to life for them via this re-enactment," said Rotary Club President Chuck Vogt Jr.

Stand of Colors will take place May 16, 17 and 18.

On The Web

StandofColors.com
    Salut!

Good info... I go through KC on the way to my in-laws so there is a good chance me and the rest of the clan may stop by this event next year...

There is so much history in Missouri....
    Civil War in Missouri and Kansas
    If I cared for my life I would have lost it long ago; wanting to lose it I cannot throw it away.-- William T. "Bloody Bill" Anderson

Comment

Thanks for the heads up!

I am nowhere near there, but encourage those close to check it out!
      The muffled drums sad roll has beat the soldier's last tatoo. No more on life's parade shall meet that brave and fallen few.

Comment

I'll check in with a few friends in that area and see what we can do. Keep us informed.
        Jim"Doc" Bruce
        "War Means Fightin and fightnin means killin"
        Nathan Bedford Forrest.
        "Audacity, more audacity and always audacity"
        George Patton

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X