Best books on Shiloh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best books on Shiloh

What would you feel is the best book on Shiloh and why?

Have only read a bit and we are thinking about a Western Campaigns tour for next year and would like some input on the best sources... Let's start with Shiloh...
    Last edited by traygreen; 21 Aug 07, 14:53.
    Tray Green

www.abandofgamers.com

Battlefield Tours for Wargamers
    Normandy 2007
    ACW Border Wars 2008
    Bulge 2008

Shiloh, by Larry Daniels

Comment

Originally posted by traygreen View Post
      What would you feel is the best book on Shiloh and why?

Have only read a bit and we are thinking about a Western Campaigns tour for next year and would like some input on the best sources... Let's start with Shiloh...
      Though I'm afraid I haven't read it, supposedly Shelby Foote's book on it is supposed to be good, and the famous Killer Angels was loosely based on the format.

EDIT: I noticed there is a post discussing a new book on Shiloh in the forum, a bit further down.
      Last edited by Consul; 22 Aug 07, 09:11.
      Ship of the Month: USS McFaul (DDG 74)
      Click Here for More Info

Comment

Thanks, that is one I have.

Originally posted by Consul View Post
        EDIT: I noticed there is a post discussing a new book on Shiloh in the forum, a bit further down.
        Yes. That's what got me thinking about asking. I did not want to hone in on the thread so I started a new one.
        Tray Green

www.abandofgamers.com

Normandy 2007
        ACW Border Wars 2008
        Bulge 2008

Comment

Thanks, that is one I have.

Yes. That's what got me thinking about asking. I did not want to hone in on the thread so I started a new one.
          Feel free to "hone" in. BTW, Did you read the new book? The editors have a historiography of the battle in the intro to the new book. They answer the question you asked above and explain why, too.
          I come here to discuss a piece of business with you and what are you gonna do? You're gonna tell me fairy tales? James Caan in the movie "Thief" ca 1981

Comment

Originally posted by Tom DeFranco View Post
            Feel free to "hone" in. BTW, Did you read the new book? The editors have a historiography of the battle in the intro to the new book. They answer the question you asked above and explain why, too.
            Just ordered it - "Shiloh And The Western Campaign Of 1862" - off of Amazon. Should be reading it this time next week
            Tray Green

www.abandofgamers.com

Normandy 2007
            ACW Border Wars 2008
            Bulge 2008

Comment

Just ordered it - "Shiloh And The Western Campaign Of 1862" - off of Amazon. Should be reading it this time next week
              Like I posted above, feel free to join in the thread. BTW, I'm midway through the chapter about the fighting near the crossroads, which the author and the editors believe was the crux of the fighting and the turning point of the first day's fighting.
              I come here to discuss a piece of business with you and what are you gonna do? You're gonna tell me fairy tales? James Caan in the movie "Thief" ca 1981

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X