Confederate Photographs from Georgia.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confederate Photographs from Georgia.

It's a multimedia presentation (slide show with narration). Perhaps the most intriquing image is that of a white Captain and a black Servant(?) in Confederate uniform. According the the man who owns the image there is only 6-7 images of a black man in Confederate uniform.

http://lpe.accessatlanta.com/gallery...rateportraits/
    Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Very interesting. Like the one of himself and his son at the end. And smelling all the chemicals is kinda strange. Especially the lavender oil.
    The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

Neat photos. Putting a man-servant into uniform is almost like playing dolls or something. I find it intruiging that he didn't know the back story on that one. Just because he had a uniform on doesn't necessarily mean that he "fought". I'm glad that the distinction was made between seeing a black servant in uniform & calling him a "soldier". He looks young enough to be a drummer boy perhaps....
      The muffled drums sad roll has beat the soldier's last tatoo. No more on life's parade shall meet that brave and fallen few.

Comment

Cool, thanks.
        SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Very interesting. I'm fascinated by the photos... there are so few of Confederates relative to Union photos. It's interesting that the collector/narrator uses the term 'servant'-- I doubt that there was a choice about serving. But then I find myself wanting to believe the man gave the boy a uniform because he believed a kid that age would be so proud to have one of his very own--(whether butternut or blue)
          Last edited by aimzzz; 17 Jul 07, 08:48.
          avatar: Sarah Emma Edmonds disguised as Franklin Thompson. During the Civil War, she served as Thompson for 2 years in the Second Michigan Infantry. A number of women were able to enlist on both sides, as physicals tended to focus on the teeth...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X