X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 fascinating Civil War sites

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/04/travel...ure/index.html

Enjoy!
    The muffled drums sad roll has beat the soldier's last tatoo. No more on life's parade shall meet that brave and fallen few.

I felt pretty good about this one! We've got about 2/3 of them covered and will hopefully add Chickamauga to the list soon.

Regards,
    Dennis
    If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Thanks for sharing. I've been to all, but two - so far.
      "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
      -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

Originally posted by D1J1 View Post
        I felt pretty good about this one! We've got about 2/3 of them covered and will hopefully add Chickamauga to the list soon.

Regards,
        Dennis
        Visiting Shiloh again this upcoming summer, along with Chickamauga/Chattanooga for the first time. Since school's in for the 150th Chickamauga, I will probably have to miss it next year even though I really want to go.
        "Hit hard when you start, but don't start until you have everything ready." - Lt. Gen. James Longstreet

Pyrrhus Travels West:
        Hanno the Infamous, General of Carthage, Rb Mhnt of Sicily

Comment

Originally posted by semperpietas View Post
          Visiting Shiloh again this upcoming summer, along with Chickamauga/Chattanooga for the first time. Since school's in for the 150th Chickamauga, I will probably have to miss it next year even though I really want to go.
          The Child Bride and I visited Chattanooga on one of our road trips a handful of years ago and liked the area a lot. The return later in the fall is to explore it as a retirement location.

Regards,
          Dennis
          If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Does anyone recognize the building shown for Shiloh? I don't recall seeing it when I visited last April.
            Don't leave good whiskey for the damn Yankees!" John Hunt Morgan, Eagleport, Ohio, July 23, 1863

Comment

I had the honor of visiting (once) Chickamauga. It is a very beautiful park. There is also a very little known 6th Cavalry Museum right near the entrance.
              Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X