Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comparing Emory Upton's A New System of Infantry Tactics to Hardee's earlier work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparing Emory Upton's A New System of Infantry Tactics to Hardee's earlier work

Thought I would share this as I found it interesting:
    http://www.drillnet.net/Uptons.htm
    The muffled drums sad roll has beat the soldier's last tatoo. No more on life's parade shall meet that brave and fallen few.

Originally posted by hellboy30 View Post
    Thought I would share this as I found it interesting:
    http://www.drillnet.net/Uptons.htm
    Thanks for posting that. That should be a project for an ambitious military historian, to compile the works of Scott, Hardee, Casey, Upton, et. all (especially the French works that influenced the, primarily Scott) with annotated notes about how each is different, thus marking the evolution of military drill and tactics of the American Civil War.
    "Hit hard when you start, but don't start until you have everything ready." - Lt. Gen. James Longstreet

Pyrrhus Travels West:
    Hanno the Infamous, General of Carthage, Rb Mhnt of Sicily

Comment

I've been on that website alot along time ago and even now. Unfortunately it does not have all the drill manuals thought american history. Does anyone have a list of all the drill manuals used by the united states?

Comment

Originally posted by Hesse-Kassel View Post
        I've been on that website alot along time ago and even now. Unfortunately it does not have all the drill manuals thought american history. Does anyone have a list of all the drill manuals used by the united states?
        Extremely good question. That might be a project to start looking for all those.
        The muffled drums sad roll has beat the soldier's last tatoo. No more on life's parade shall meet that brave and fallen few.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Karri
          Prawn heads
          by Karri
          How do you cook them? How do you eat them?

So far I've always just twisted them off, and discarded it along with the shells and such, only...
          Today, 11:40
        • Jose50
          Thoughts on the US abandoning NATO
          by Jose50
          Now may be a good time for the NATO countries to start beefing up their materiel, personnel and alliances. There is a decided wave here in the US that...
          Today, 08:41
        • Von Richter
          Sagittarius Rising...
          by Von Richter
          Just having a re-read of this book after it's stood for donkey's years on the bookshelf. Once again, within the first couple of pages, I'm transported...
          Today, 01:19
        Working...
        X