Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place.

Items that are gone due to a limitation of the new hosting/ forum update:
- Awards
- Flags

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie are now working.
- Color/Theme changes
- Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know. Please only send real issues not things like I hate the colors of the site or the site looks cheap now. I am trying to get as many issues fixed for you as i can and If i have to read through stuff like that it's going to take me longer to get stuff fixed.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below. Please give me as much detail as possible .
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

Shameless self-promotion, April 29 edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Ibis View Post
    Absolutely stellar job Eric.
    Thank you, Jeff. I enjoyed filming that, as Brian's really easy to talk to, but as I said above, it's very strange watching myself on TV.
    "If you want to have some fun, jine the cavalry"

Maj. Gen. James Ewell Brown Stuart

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Wittenberg View Post
      Tom, I am told that the video is available on the PCN site for a week after it airs, until the next episode replaces it.

Eric
      Good stuff, Eric!! I didn't know that the one "what if" that you wonder about is a Buford v. Forrest battle in the west. That make me wonder, now, too. Of course there would be a lot of variables to consider, like terrain, how many on each side and how the fight would erupt.
      I come here to discuss a piece of business with you and what are you gonna do? You're gonna tell me fairy tales? James Caan in the movie "Thief" ca 1981

Comment

Originally posted by TomDeFranco View Post
        Good stuff, Eric!! I didn't know that the one "what if" that you wonder about is a Buford v. Forrest battle in the west. That make me wonder, now, too. Of course there would be a lot of variables to consider, like terrain, how many on each side and how the fight would erupt.

Thanks, Tom. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

The Abe vs. John angle is pretty irresistible to me. They used to call Abe Buford "Hellroaring Buford" because he was such a wild man. That would have been fun to play out.

Comment

And of course leadership styles. Forrest was more of a raider, and I don't think quite as tactically minded as Buford was.

Don't get me wrong. Both were excellent cavalrymen. Would be an excellent battle royale.
          "Hit hard when you start, but don't start until you have everything ready." - Lt. Gen. James Longstreet

Pyrrhus Travels West:
          Hanno the Infamous, General of Carthage, Rb Mhnt of Sicily

Comment

Thanks, Tom. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

The Abe vs. John angle is pretty irresistible to me. They used to call Abe Buford "Hellroaring Buford" because he was such a wild man. That would have been fun to play out.
            Have you read the 2 volume set of books about Confederate generals of the western theater? One of the essays is about Abraham Buford. It's an excellent read. The series is edited by Larry Hewitt, and the late Art Bergeron. Terry Winschel and Gary Joiner are also involved. I recently submitted my review of the books to Blue & Gray. I couldn't say enough good about them. I hope Rick Sauers finds a way to get the review published - the books deserve whatever hype they can get.
            I come here to discuss a piece of business with you and what are you gonna do? You're gonna tell me fairy tales? James Caan in the movie "Thief" ca 1981

Comment

Originally posted by semperpietas View Post
              And of course leadership styles. Forrest was more of a raider, and I don't think quite as tactically minded as Buford was.

Don't get me wrong. Both were excellent cavalrymen. Would be an excellent battle royale.
              That would be an excellent read. Imagine Dave Powell, J.D. and Eric cooperating on a project comparing the relative strengths of each man.

Comment

That would be an excellent read. Imagine Dave Powell, J.D. and Eric cooperating on a project comparing the relative strengths of each man.
                There's a project under way that will be interesting. It's JD and me, and my friend Greg Biggs, focusing on the evolution of the federal cavalry in 1863 by focusing on Buford's command, Grierson's raid, Minty, and Wilder. We think it's interesting stuff.

Comment

There's a project under way that will be interesting. It's JD and me, and my friend Greg Biggs, focusing on the evolution of the federal cavalry in 1863 by focusing on Buford's command, Grierson's raid, Minty, and Wilder. We think it's interesting stuff.
                  Sounds interesting to me. Greg is a great one for the Atlanta Campaign. I didn't know his interests extended to cavalry, too.

Comment

Will look for this Eric, thanks for the heads up!
                    The muffled drums sad roll has beat the soldier's last tatoo. No more on life's parade shall meet that brave and fallen few.

Comment

Working...
                    X