Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place.

Items that are gone due to a limitation of the new hosting/ forum update:
- Awards
- Flags

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie are now working.
- Color/Theme changes
- Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

One other note I have seen a lot is theme/color related items. I know this is important to all of you but at the moment the most important thing was getting you back a functioning forum with as many features I can get you back from before.

Theme/color is something we can change but it the moment I do not have the time and resources to fix all of the issue and design the site. I did do some theme updates yesterday but it is very time consuming. Please just be patient with the forum as we get it back to as close as I can to what you had before.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below. Please give me as much detail as possible .
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

Who Blundered?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suntzu View Post
    Thirteen months in the rebel army is an account by a northerner who worked in the rebel ordinance (among other things) and later defected. I believe they also had some northerners as engineers in Charleston and managing Lee's logistics. So I would not rule out sabotage.
    Good point!
    In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.
    Robert E. Lee

Comment

Originally posted by suntzu View Post
      Thirteen months in the rebel army is an account by a northerner who worked in the rebel ordinance (among other things) and later defected. I believe they also had some northerners as engineers in Charleston and managing Lee's logistics. So I would not rule out sabotage.
      Many Northerners joined the Confederate forces and served well. That would seem to hold for other capacities as well. The reverse was also true, with many men from Confederate states taking the Union's side.

Your position linking behavior to where a man came from doesn't hold water in this case I'm afraid.

Regards,
      Dennis
      If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Originally posted by B7B Southern View Post
        Good point!
        Ignoring the service of Bushrod Johnson, Otho Strahl, Roswell Ripley, Franklin Gardner, Samuel Cooper, John Pemberton, and Daniel Frost, all northerners who gave distinguished service or held important positions for the Confederacy.
        Last edited by semperpietas; 25 Apr 12, 20:41.
        "Hit hard when you start, but don't start until you have everything ready." - Lt. Gen. James Longstreet

Pyrrhus Travels West:
        Hanno the Infamous, General of Carthage, Rb Mhnt of Sicily

Comment

Originally posted by semperpietas View Post
          Ignoring the service of Bushrod Johnson, Otho Strahl, Roswell Ripley, Franklin Gardner, Samuel Cooper, John Pemberton, and Daniel Frost, all northerners who gave distinguished service or held important positions for the Confederacy.
          May I add Jed Hotchkiss?
          I come here to discuss a piece of business with you and what are you gonna do? You're gonna tell me fairy tales? James Caan in the movie "Thief" ca 1981

Comment

Originally posted by TomDeFranco View Post
            May I add Jed Hotchkiss?
            You may. I forgot about him. I might add Charles Clark for Shiloh.
            Last edited by semperpietas; 25 Apr 12, 22:26.
            "Hit hard when you start, but don't start until you have everything ready." - Lt. Gen. James Longstreet

Pyrrhus Travels West:

Comment

Originally posted by semperpietas View Post
              There was no way Southern industry to produce fuses that were mathematically precise.
              The process of consistently making fuses the exact same could have been easily achieved between Confederate arsenals. The Confederate Ordnance Corps probably over looked the need until they started mixing shipments.
              My worst jump story:
              My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
              As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
              No lie.

~
              "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
              -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                The process of consistently making fuses the exact same could have been easily achieved between Confederate arsenals. The Confederate Ordnance Corps probably over looked the need until they started mixing shipments.
                However each Confederate arsenal had been, like the depot systems for uniform and clothing, tooled to support the local army or department.

The Charleston fuses burned longer because they were intended to be used in shells for coastal artillery.

Pyrrhus Travels West:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X