Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is your favorite bad guy in western movies?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is your favorite bad guy in western movies?

Considering looks (evil), bodily demeanor, harsh voice, and tenacity mine would definately have to be Lee Van Cleef! I also remember Dan Duryea playing a despicable coward who pushed an old lady in a wheel chair down a flight of stairs. Maybe he was a gangster in that one!

Have to agree with ya.............Van Cleef was the best!

Mark
    Deo Vindice
    Si vis pacem, para bellum. (If you want peace, prepare for war.)

Comment

gene hackman!
      i yam what i yam and thats what i yam!

Comment

Lee Marvin played some pretty cool badguys. But then again, he played some good guys, so he wasn't one of the true Western villans.
        "Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for"
        "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching"

Comment

Henry Fonda in "Once Upon a Time in the West."

Yeah, Henry Fonda. Go figure. But, he was plain evil.
          Retreat hell, we just got here. Every Marine, a rifleman.

Never let the facts get in the way of the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Mike USMC
            Henry Fonda in "Once Upon a Time in the West."

Yeah, Henry Fonda. Go figure. But, he was plain evil.
            Actually I just watched that. It was on AMC. They're having a "Movies for Men" weekend. Basically its a bunch of westerns with the all-time greats (Eastwood, Wayne, Marvin). Woke up this morning and found "Paint your Wagon" on!

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgiaDixie
              Actually I just watched that. It was on AMC. They're having a "Movies for Men" weekend. Basically its a bunch of westerns with the all-time greats (Eastwood, Wayne, Marvin). Woke up this morning and found "Paint your Wagon" on!
              Ouch!. Sorry, one of the worst westerns/musicals ever. May have worked on stage, but not with Marvin and Eastwood as singers. (Shuddering)
              Retreat hell, we just got here. Every Marine, a rifleman.

Never let the facts get in the way of the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgiaDixie
                Lee Marvin played some pretty cool badguys. But then again, he played some good guys, so he wasn't one of the true Western villans.
                Liberty Vallance was Marvin at his worst/best. Plus you get Lee Van Cleef and Strother Martin as his sidekicks........
                Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Eli Wallach
                  On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Those stinkin bad-ges

Oh yes, good ol' Eli Wallach! He was a magnificent western villian. I still recall his role in The Treasures of Sierra Madre.

Comment

Im sorry but I can not imagine Dirty Harry as a sissy stage singer for a western. He must have been desperate for money. I love Eastwood and everything he has done. But sheesh, please shoot me. :bang: :bowdown:
                      Govenour Of Texas and all southern provinces. Kepper Of The Holy Woodchipper.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance Williams
                        Liberty Vallance was Marvin at his worst/best. Plus you get Lee Van Cleef and Strother Martin as his sidekicks........
                        I watched it the other night..........Ole Liberty should have had second thoughts when he won with aces and eights.........
                        Lance W.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral
                          Eli Wallach
                          I just got "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" on DVD the other day......
                          Lance W.

Comment

Kirk Douglas as The Villain!!!
                            Attached Files
                            Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

Wait, Arnold Schwarzenegger was in a Western?! I can just hear the classic Western lines coming out of his mouth!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                                Berlin.1945
                                by casanova
                                The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
                                Yesterday, 23:41
                              • casanova
                                AW 169M
                                by casanova
                                The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
                                Yesterday, 23:26
                              • JBark
                                What changed?
                                by JBark
                                There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
                                Yesterday, 18:54
                              Working...
                              X