LET'S GO HOME DEBBIE...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LET'S GO HOME DEBBIE...

You can never have too much of the Dook, even toy sowjer style, they do this model as an unpainted kit, might just glean it and give it a proper paint job...

The long toll of the brave
    Is not lost in darkness
    Over the fruitful earth
    And athwart the seas
    Hath passed the light of noble deeds
    Unquenchable forever.

Hey, Rich, I thought Cavalryman only kissed their horses!

You know, Bill Cosby describing Buck Jones as

"Don't drink, don't smoke, don't kiss no women....just his horse."

Also, when Buck goes into a bar, he says to the bartender..."Ill have a glass of MILK, please."

And the "baddie" of the film says "WHAT?", and pours a glass of "Redeye" on buck's clothes....to which someone in the audience says..."Hey buck! You just got Redeye over your clothes"....to which Buck reply's, direct to the audience...

"You just poured Redeye on ma' clothes"

Ahhh....Bill Cosby when he wasn't chasing and molesting hundreds of women was a very funny man.
    My Articles, ALMOST LIVE, exclusive to The Armchair!

Soviet Submarines in WW2....The Mythology of Shiloh....(Edited) Both Sides of the Warsaw Ghetto
    GULAG Glossary....Who Really Killed The Red Baron?....Pearl Harbor At 75
    Lincoln-Douglas Debates

Comment

We don't need to wait until an FTL drive has been developed to visit alien cultures. These forums will do fine, they may have been in English but the last couple of posts might have been in colloquial Sirius V for all I could make of them.
      Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
      Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by Von Richter View Post
        You can never have too much of the Dook, even toy sowjer style, they do this model as an unpainted kit, might just glean it and give it a proper paint job...
        I'm not saying I speak fluent Von Richter, but for the younger and less well travelled of you, the quote and figurines depict a scene from that classic western film "The Searchers." The figures are John Wayne (the cowboy) and Natalie Wood (the Indian maiden). Natalie, captured as a young girl, has been a captive of the Comanche for about 10 years (give or take). During that time Wayne (her uncle) and Jeffrey Hunter (her brother) have been 'searching' for her. When they finally find her, being held by a Comanche chief called Scar, Wayne thinks she has become 'Indian' and is willing to kill her to save her. Hunter doesn't agree. After Scar is killed, Natalie runs away but is chased by Wayne. When Wayne catches up to her, he lifts her up and, instead of killing her, says "Let's go home, Debbie."

Great, great film. Take that you Star Wars geeks!

Cheers,
        Dan.
        So long as men worship the Caesars and Napoleons, Caesars and Napoleons will duly rise and make them miserable.

Aldous Huxley: Ends and Means (1937)

Comment

"Injun will chase a thing until he thinks he's chased it enough, then he quits. Same way when he runs. Seems like he never learns there's such a thing as a critter that will just keep comin' on. So we'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as the turnin' of the Earth."
          — Ethan Edwards

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
            We don't need to wait until an FTL drive has been developed to visit alien cultures.

"That'll be the day... blanket head!"

For the uneducated among you I will translate (a quote from the film Battle of Britain, by the way. ) the model in my collection is indeed just as Dan describes, an iconic moment, in one of the best westerns ever made. The figures are made and painted in what we aficionados call 'toy soldier style', this is because they look like toys. White Tower Miniatures, who produce the set ready painted as shown, also have it available as an unpainted kit... one of which I aim to glean, build and paint up much better than 'toy soldier style'.
            Now come on MarkV, stop being so bloody MarkI, and pay attention at the back there, laddie!

Is not lost in darkness
            Over the fruitful earth
            And athwart the seas
            Unquenchable forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Drusus Nero View Post
              Hey, Rich, I thought Cavalryman only kissed their horses!

You know, Bill Cosby describing Buck Jones as

"Don't drink, don't smoke, don't kiss no women....just his horse."

Also, when Buck goes into a bar, he says to the bartender..."Ill have a glass of MILK, please."

And the "baddie" of the film says "WHAT?", and pours a glass of "Redeye" on buck's clothes....to which someone in the audience says..."Hey buck! You just got Redeye over your clothes"....to which Buck reply's, direct to the audience...

"You just poured Redeye on ma' clothes"

Ahhh....Bill Cosby when he wasn't chasing and molesting hundreds of women was a very funny man.
              There ya go pardner, Buck Jones...

Buck_Jones_4.jpg

Is not lost in darkness
              Over the fruitful earth
              And athwart the seas
              Unquenchable forever.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...