Cowboy hats!!!???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowboy hats!!!???

Just watched 'Pale Rider'. The opening shots of the cowboys at full tilt set me to cogitating... how do they keep their 'ats on while on a galloping 'orse!?

The long toll of the brave
    Is not lost in darkness
    Over the fruitful earth
    And athwart the seas
    Hath passed the light of noble deeds
    Unquenchable forever.

Hat pins I've always wondered about the same thing.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

youíre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
      Hat pins I've always wondered about the same thing.
      Or a six inch nail through the top of the actor's melon?
      The long toll of the brave
      Is not lost in darkness
      Over the fruitful earth
      And athwart the seas
      Hath passed the light of noble deeds
      Unquenchable forever.

Comment

I know for fact John Wayne just stared it down and dared it move an inch.

Don't make cowboys like they used to these days
        Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Von Richter View Post

Or a six inch nail through the top of the actor's melon?
          Don't confuse what the British Army did to you with the treatment of Hollywood actors. A six inch nail through the top of an actor's melon would kill a normal human being. In your case, it just left another hole in your fick' skull that makes an annoying whistling noise everytime the wind blows..
          "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

Umm....might the strap or cord that goes under the chin have something to do with it? That and pulling the hat low, and having one that fits properly.....
            Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
              Umm....might the strap or cord that goes under the chin have something to do with it? That and pulling the hat low, and having one that fits properly.....
              I see you never seen a cowboy hat. What strap? Go to a westeren store and try to find a hat with a cord or strap. Lots of luck on finding one.

Comment

Originally posted by Von Richter View Post
                Just watched 'Pale Rider'. The opening shots of the cowboys at full tilt set me to cogitating... how do they keep their 'ats on while on a galloping 'orse!?

The same magic that allows them to shoot their six shooters 15 times without reloading also works for keeping their hats on.

Comment

I see you never seen a cowboy hat. What strap? Go to a westeren store and try to find a hat with a cord or strap. Lots of luck on finding one.

But aren't most stetsons sold to people for everyday use, with no intention of wearing them on a horse and at the gallop.

A stampede string was attached by hooks that were located inside the crown or was pinned through the crown band and bent around the inside of the hat band, or a leather strap was attached to the inner hooks.

Paul
                  ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
                  All human ills he can subdue,
                  Or with a bauble or medal
                  Can win mans heart for you;
                  And many a blessing know to stew
                  To make a megloamaniac bright;
                  Give honour to the dainty Corse,
                  The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

Originally posted by llkinak View Post
                    The same magic that allows them to shoot their six shooters 15 times without reloading also works for keeping their hats on.
                    or the magic that transports an 1894 Winchester to the 1870's
                    45B10 1986-91

Comment

To answer your question...They don't stay on, had to go back an pick mine up more than once.
                      Too Much To Do Too Little Time

Comment

Originally posted by llkinak View Post
                        They kept the hats on the same way they kept the indian's whigs on.

Comment

It was always funny to me how, in the movies, they could jump or fall off their horse, or fistfight, and the hat never came off.
                          And how many times have you seen'm driving a convertable with the top down...AND THE HAT DONT MOVE!!!

John
                          The most visable part of a persons education is their parents example !

Christianity is made far too complicated by far too many denominations.
                          It's truly a simple concept.
                          Dont take my word for it---Read the Book of Romans!

Comment

you will find them more on the rodeo circuit. my clearest image is for alot of the barrel racing on the final sprint lots of ladies hats will come off but will be around the neck due to the cord. saves time from having to go back out.

Also watching bull riders with their hats on is interesting.
                            God didnít create evil. Evil is the result of when man does not have God's love in his heart.It's the cold when there is no heat.The darkness that comes when there is no light

Comment

Originally posted by Jay217 View Post
                              you will find them more on the rodeo circuit. my clearest image is for alot of the barrel racing on the final sprint lots of ladies hats will come off but will be around the neck due to the cord. saves time from having to go back out.

Also watching bull riders with their hats on is interesting.
                              And if you follow rodeo, you'll notice that many bull riders are wearing helmets.
                              No one has greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friends John 15:13

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X