Washita controversy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washita controversy

The death of popular 7th Cavalry officer Major Joel Elliott at the 1868 Battle of the Washita‚??and Lt. Col. George Custer's response to it‚??spawned hard feelings and disunity within the fabled unit.

http://www.historynet.com/wounds-fro...elliott-affair
    More...

Feed Source
    Last edited by Elijah; 01 Oct 12, 21:11.

Don't mean to make it seem like I wrote the article or comment above. When I found it I failed to notice it was in a different forum. Anyway, the opening of this thread belongs to WildWestMagazine

This part is from me:

Thought I would bring this thread back. The story mostly involves the controversial decision by Custer not to look for Elliot but is also a summary of the affair. Since we were discussing Custer and I asked if this were his only other significant Indian action.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Karri
      Prawn heads
      by Karri
      How do you cook them? How do you eat them?

So far I've always just twisted them off, and discarded it along with the shells and such, only...
      Today, 11:40
    • Jose50
      Thoughts on the US abandoning NATO
      by Jose50
      Now may be a good time for the NATO countries to start beefing up their materiel, personnel and alliances. There is a decided wave here in the US that...
      Today, 08:41
    • Von Richter
      Sagittarius Rising...
      by Von Richter
      Just having a re-read of this book after it's stood for donkey's years on the bookshelf. Once again, within the first couple of pages, I'm transported...
      Today, 01:19
    Working...
    X