Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revolutionary War Reading List? Help!

Hello,

I don't know if I've come to the right place.

I would like anybody here who's very knowledgable on the subject of Revolutionary War (1776 to 1783) to provide a list of suggested books to read on.

I prefer to focus on the military campaigns and how the warfare was practiced during that time. For example, I've found a good book on the battle of Cowpens, an important, but often overlooked battle in the South (I think in North Carolina) that describes how both American and British Regulars fought. I liked that book, I think it was written by Bobbits (no pun intended )or something like that.

I've noticed that the books on Revolutionary War are very to come by except for biographies of certain famous people like George Washington or Benjamin Franklin.

I would also like to find some good books from the British perspective. I would like to know how the British Empire felt about losing her most precious colonial possessions to a band of ragtag American Regulars and Militamen led by a general with a mixed track record...

Thanks in advance.

Dan
    Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X