Burgoyne missed a trick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burgoyne missed a trick

A speech by the president of the United States will always get attention, especially on 4 July.

But Donald Trump's 2019 address to mark America's Independence Day has been flying around on social media more than usual.

During the address in Washington DC, Mr Trump suggested the Continental Army "took over the airports" during the revolutionary war against Britain in the late 18th Century.
    Burgoyne should definitely have deployed the Guards Armoured Division forward at Saratoga
    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Originally posted by MarkV View Post

Burgoyne should definitely have deployed the Guards Armoured Division forward at Saratoga
    Would have done him no good. Lincoln had cut his supply line, so the Armored division would have been static.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post

Or the Hessian parachutists,, given the aerodromes they needed to capture...
      The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Since the RAF has divested itself of its fleet of Harrier Jets, seizing the airports would have been a wise move.
        "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
        Samuel Johnson.

Comment

After Timothy Murphy smoked Simon Fraser, Gunny Carlos Hathcock did the same to the fancy lad Burgoyne, thus precipitating not only France's entry into the war, but also Germany's, as well....

Heading up that way in August. Where might I find this ancient airport?
          I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
            After Timothy Murphy smoked Simon Fraser, Gunny Carlos Hathcock did the same to the fancy lad Burgoyne, thus precipitating not only France's entry into the war, but also Germany's, as well....

Heading up that way in August. Where might I find this ancient airport?

King Georges Royal & loyal Hanoverian King's Aeronauts hid the good stuff in Vermont...
            The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Originally posted by marktwain View Post
              [/B]

King Georges Royal & loyal Hanoverian King's Aeronauts hid the good stuff in Vermont...
              Don't much fancy having to traipse on up to Lake Champlain: it's humid as all hell up there. One especially miserable day a couple of years back my daughter crapped out at Fort Ticonderoga. Had to drag her into the air conditioned visitors center and spritz her with cold water to revive her. Isn't there some place closer to Lake George, maybe Floyd Bennett Field -- not the one in Brooklyn at which Slick Jr skates with the Aviators -- but the one in Queensbury. Queensbury is much more tolerable than anything near Champlain.
              I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X